Greetings to you all

Rex Mac

I've just registered so I thought I'd say a quick hello.

Mid fifties, married, grown up family and employed in engineering manufacturing, (I know a bit rare these days but it's what I do best.)

I'd just like to says thanls to all the contributors who have posted in the local history topics and in particular thanks for the old photo's I've really enjoyed looking at them and noting the many changes.

I can't profess to be able to add to the history side of things but hope to make some useful or maybe amusing comments in due course.

Rex, welcome aboard great to have new folk about, great set of people on here, only take them as seriously as you wish to, I'm so pleased you enjoyed the photo's of Old Warrington it's great to receive feedback as I'm the old codger who posted them. You've just met Wingy (Wingnut)on the first reply and as you have probably gathered he's a bit of a character and makes some great and amusing posts from time to time. Stick with us you won't be sorry. :D

PS. Don't go looking for the 'Rat & Trumpet' it's all in his mind you know. :wink:

Hi Everyone

Just joined after "looking in" for a few weeks. Looks really interesting and some subjects are really good and others provide some kind of entertainment in one shape or another - hope I enjoy joining in as much as you all do! (Love Dizzy's posts (not being biased though as I don't know her at all, but her posts about BNFL salary payments brought back some forgotten and happy memories!!) :)

Hi Everyone

(Love Dizzy's posts (not being biased though as I don't know her at all, but her posts about BNFL salary payments brought back some forgotten and happy memories!!) :)

Welcome to you too Camper but arrgh you have freaked me out with your very first post cos 1) you mentioned me and 2) I can't remember what I put about BNFL salaries now :unsure::lol:

Did you work there too then, if so I hope you weren't one of the site policemen as I used to give them an awful lot of stick :oops:

Welcome to you too Camper but arrgh you have freaked me out with your very first post cos 1) you mentioned me and 2) I can't remember what I put about BNFL salaries now :unsure::lol:

Did you work there too then, if so I hope you weren't one of the site policemen as I used to give them an awful lot of stick :oops:

Nope Dizzy I wasn't a site policeman, a (mere) secretary from 1981-2000 but the post you put on was about waiting in a queue (I think) for the security guy to give you your wage packet (that was when we got paid weekly. I had competely forgot about that and it so made me smile :)

Welcome Camper, great place to be especially now winter is on the horizon "It's bein' so cheerful as keeps me going", you have obviously cased the joint and found it to be worthy of your attention, :wink: I assure you won't regret joining.

algy

Thank you Algy, nice welcome and I hope to join in at times - enjoy reading your posts :)

Evenin Camper, and welcome.

Does tha watch Jeremy Kyle, Black or Red, or Come Dancing? all three or none?

Sorry Wingnut - new to all this and forgot to answer your question.... cannot stand (at all) JK, no interest in Come Dancing and only watched Black or Red because I thought my friend from work was coming on it when she passed the auditions but didn't get through to the final :(

Nope Dizzy I wasn't a site policeman, a (mere) secretary from 1981-2000 but the post you put on was about waiting in a queue (I think) for the security guy to give you your wage packet (that was when we got paid weekly. I had competely forgot about that and it so made me smile :)

Ahhh the pay packets :D I started there in '81 (I think) and left in '98 so maybe our paths crossed as we waited. I am presuming you are a 'she' as I dont remember any male secretaries being there so YIPPEE yet another female on the forum... we may be able to take over soon !!

Ooops, perhaps we should continue this chat on the other topic or start a new one before we take Rex Mac's 'Greetings' topic completely.

It usually happens eventually with topics though especially when I start going on about things.... sorry Rex Mac :oops:

Ahhh the pay packets :D I started there in '81 (I think) and left in '98 so maybe our paths crossed as we waited. I am presuming you are a 'she' as I dont remember any male secretaries being there so YIPPEE yet another female on the forum... we may be able to take over soon !!

Ooops, perhaps we should continue this chat on the other topic or start a new one before we take Rex Mac's 'Greetings' topic completely.

It usually happens eventually with topics though especially when I start going on about things.... sorry Rex Mac :oops:

Aargghh! Big mistake there giving 'secretary' away (doh!)Never mind. But then again defo know now you are female!. Bet we do know each other though as we had lots of dealings with lots of people as you will appreciate.

Sorry Rex Mac for taking over this - but I am a 'newbie' so sure you can forgive me for now (lol)!

Aargghh! Big mistake there giving 'secretary' away (doh!)Never mind. But then again defo know now you are female!. Bet we do know each other though as we had lots of dealings with lots of people as you will appreciate.

Sorry Rex Mac for taking over this - but I am a 'newbie' so sure you can forgive me for now (lol)!

Camper, don't forget if you wish to discuss something in private rather than going public you have the option of sending a PM. (personal message) to someone, just click on there name this will open up their 'View Profile' page then on the left in the small column and under their photo or shadow image if no photo is displayed, click on 'send message' this opens the send message page, fill in 'subject' type message and send. Job completed.

Thanks very much for the warm welcome. Unfortunately the warning from Algy about the Rat & Trumpet came too late. I'm never one to pass on an invite for a pint so as soon as I received the invite from Wingnut I logged off and went searching.

At around 4:30 this morning a nioce man in a blue uniform enquired what I was searching for. When I told him about the invite he murmered something to the effect of "Not another one" patted me on the back and suggested I should toddle off home and get some sleep.