Pop In For A Quick One.

Wingnut

Ahh, but the Rat and Trumpet is only an imaginary pub, with imaginary booze for folks that don't go out on a Saturday night, and fancy a little bit of fun on Warrington Worldwide. :D:D:D

Aahll, slacken me braces off an varnish me clogs, a good dollop o brylcream on me head, an I'm all set ter razzle.

Meet this Coming Satdi neet at 7.30. at the WWW.Rat and Trumpet.

Unacompanied wench's welcome.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....and you thought my reply was odd :unsure::lol:

I WAS ONLY JOKING BILL which was why I put laughing smilies etc :wink::P

So when and where should this poster's meeting that you want to have be then... and hands up everyone who will go ?

I'll come along and introduce myself as someone else just for a giggle and I'll get a person who isn't a member to come along and pretend they are me :lol:

If those of you who have had the 'pleasure' of meeting me spill the beans on the night I'll thump you 8)

Your sister?

Me guts are a bit off today, it could have been something I've eaten, or I must have had a bad pint at dinner time. I barely made it home in time, and me jogging bottoms looked to be in a worst mess than a plasterers radio. Half a guiness landlord please.

What's that you said? a young wench has been in looking for me? Iye, she does me washing for me, it's me jogging bottoms that she'll have been after.

I'll say one thing about this pub. Them gents toilets are spotless, you could eat yer supper off the floor. Mrs Fernackerpan comes in every day to clean them. And what she can't do wi a bottle of Mr Sheen isn't worth knowing about.

Poor wench though, some of the tugs (thick ugly gits) that come in here really do put her through the mill at times.

One of the tugs went in the gents and drew a picture of a trouser snake on the wall, knowing full well that Mrs Fernackerpan would see it. Of course she give it a squirt with Mr Sheen and rubbed it off.

The following day the tug went back, and this time drew the same picture stretching around two of the walls. Poor owld Fernackerpan was beside herself with rage and embarrassment, that somebody would dare defile her spotlessly clean walls in such a way. Tirelessly, she got stuck in and rubbed and rubbed until all the felt tip pen drawing had gone.

Next day, the dirty tug did no more than draw the trouser snake all the way around the four walls. And this time he wrote a message:

The more you rub it, the bigger it grows.

A pint of guiness landlord, and make it a whisky chaser if you please.

Ahh so you went to the Dribble and Clench instead ? Far too much info there though Wingy and I trust the landlord has now called last orders on you :lol:

You are missing a good night though over here as the juke box is rockin', converstaion is buzzin' and as for the wenches you invited..... well I'll say no more :lol:

Is Bill with you as he's not here ?

10:14 p.m. Nah far too late for a wrinkly. At that time, I was tucked up in bed and the only drink I got to have was a pint of coconut & pineapple juice. The walk home wasn’t so good but on the plus side, I’m up early this morning without a hangover! :wink:

Virtual pubs? Nah, give me the real thing every time.

Right, off for me Sunday morning swim.

Bill :)

Yep I remember that one Bren, I think it was colder inside than out that night and you could literally see your breath but still, it gives us something to laugh about now. It would be nice to have another meet up because we haven’t had one for goodness knows how long, we just need to find somewhere with heating this time.

Just recently, I’ve got into doing the quiz nights at the London Bridge. I’m bloomin hopeless and I’m probably last every week but I enjoy the taking part. Maybe we could enter a www team just for a laugh although if Peter can bring his daughter along we could all go prop the bar up and leave it to her.

I just had a thought as a few people on here have said the'd like a "posters meet up" but most seem to be staying away from the idea and not commenting.

To me the thought of just going to a pub on my own and making 'polite' conversation with a load of people I have never met and who may want to give me a slap for my past comments a bit off putting and others may do too :lol:

So.... WHY don't we all go ten pin bowling. Everyone on here sounds able enough and for those oldies like Victor then there are ramps you can use to roll the ball down.

Nothing like a bit of good old fashioned healthy competition and a laugh to bring out the best in people and we could still talk to each other but without some feeling a bit out of it or uneasy.

Winner gets a prize (donated by Gary) and I may well provide a few spoof prizes too :wink:

Any takers or shall I just go on my own :P

I still think it would spoil it if we all met each other and knew who each other was though and had made 'friends' face to face off the forum pages.

I'd feel like I had to be nice to everyone then. I can't even get myself to tease Fugtifino now after he kindly gave me some lead for my roof :lol::lol:

PS Fugs your lead and the other stuff you recommended worked a treat, ta :D

Whatever, but I think more people might prefer the pub and that logic probably accounts for why there are a lot more pubs than bowling alleys. If your not keen on the idea Dizzy then it’s no big deal just stay away and nobody will think any different of you for that. We’ve had loads of informal meet ups over the years and there’s some that for whatever reasons have never ever shown up, it doesn’t make one jot of difference.

Ha ha Bill... you clearly do not want to be beaten by a girlie :P

By the way everyone... if you were having doubts about going to the pub Bill has just made it quite clear that he thinks it wont make a jot of difference if you bother turning up or not.. it's no big deal... just stay away :shock::lol:

.... only kidding Bill as I know you didn't mean it quite that way but that's how it reads :lol:

PS I don't really have a fear of meeting people I don't know or going to a pub or anywhere else on my own by the way.... it doesn't bother me in the slightest... I just fanceid going bowling and hopefully somehow beating you, Peter, Gary and a maybe a few 'others' on my list :lol:

Dizzy, it isn't a competition!!!!

Bren, those were the days.

Bill,

I recall at the last Paddy House one, that Big Ste kept looking for the Insider. He was quite paranoid as he was at the Friars whatever at Postern Gate.

Unless it's between the 25th and 28th of this month(inclusive) my post code won't allow me to be there.

There will definitely be one next year as Rocky is coming over. Any suggestions as to where?

Bill, where was the last one? The football club or Fearnhead?

Well Dizz as I say it really dosn't make any difference to me one way or the other. Anyway no time to debate this any further, I've got a quiz to go to and the questions are going to be getting cold if I dont hurry up. :D London Bridge from 9pm if anyone fancy's that.

Whoops sorry Peter didn't see that. Probably Fernhead so that has to be a bit back.

Dizzy, it isn't a competition!!!!

Good grief Peter where's your sense of humour and fun gone too :roll:

I said "a bit of good old fashioned healthy competition and a laugh " the rest was tongue in cheek.

Have you ever been bowling? I've not been for a few years and to be honest my wrists just only lasted aboout 2 games... but boy was it a laugh :lol:

Gosh if a girle who has suffered from RSI for year is up for it I can't see why you strapping blokes aren't,

If you don't fancy bowling how about go-karting... I definately wouldn't win that as I can't do left hand turns and apparently although I thought I was going flat out the other week and screeching around the corners like a mad woman the fact that my son lapped me at least two times should have told me that I looked rather silly.

Rod K may hae been proud of me though :wink::lol:

Why don't we all have a night fishing with Wingnut in his bivvie. I bet that he would really enjoy that !!

Lunceon meat or boilies Victor :lol:

OK I'd do that as we have loads of fishing gear here so I could get tackled up.... but only if it is in the day time.

I don't mind maggots and fishing is relaxing (well supposed to be anyway) and plenty of time to talk in between bites but not so sure about the nightime rats, foxes or Wingys scarey antics in the dark :unsure:

Fishing and bowling are pretty similar though aren't they and the sudden screech of the word 'STRRR...IIIIIKE' and euphoria suddenly springs to mind Victor :P

Yes Pete, those WERE the days when all the "old gang" were online at Warrington Worldwide. Do you remember the day you, Jane and I met? I do!! :P We all met on the Town Hall front lawn and I walked home with very sore feet as I'd turned up in stupidly high heels that I had to take off half way home..............thank God I didn't live far away! :unsure: Unfortunately, the "atmosphere" and the general good feeling isn't the same any more....not to me anyway. For me, that's what this forum is missing now, the feeling of companionship, friendliness, and closeness that it once had.

Bren.