Pop In For A Quick One.

Wingnut

Staying in tonight folks? BORED? Hows about a social? Our own little social club. See you down The Rat & Trumpet in ten minuits if you fancy a quick slurp. Sid might pop in fer a game of bones. Even H could turn up to avoid watching Red or Black.

Mine's a Drambuie shandy and a packet of nuts. What's yours?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give yer a tip.

Notice how I baught me own nuts instead of taking them out o' th'ash tray on the bar?

The reason being, I'd just been to the gents, and the bloke stood next to me was bladdered. He swaying back and forth, fumbling with a packet of salted peanuts, and couldn't even aim straight and hit that little blue swan on the back of the urinal, or chase one of them little blue sanitiser cubes down to t'other end of the trough.

I don't know why folks bother. I've been trying fer years to wash that little blue swan off and I haven't even faded the colour yet. Anyways, I felt sorry for the bloke, so I thought I'd give him some good advice.

Eeeh lad says I, let me hold yer peanuts for yer, this is a two handed job. Tha wants ter straddle tha legs a bit wider, and lean against the urunal wall with yer free hand to steady yerself up a bit owld lad, I told him. Aye, that's reet I told him, see how yer've steadied yerself up now? I didn't spend eight years in the SAS fer nothing tha knows. Every Satdi and Sundi morning it was.

That's reet, build the pressure up and take a steady aim, I said. Nah then owld fetler, don't release it just yet, hold tha breath fer seven seconds, take aim, then give it the full monty.

He were right chuffed he was, as he squirted a jet of urine straight to the target like a laser beam. I'll buy thee a pint fer that he said. Ta very much says I, I'll have a Drambuie shandy.

Oh right, before I forget, we got back to the bar, and straight away he stuck his wigglin hand in the free peanut tray.

So be warned, don't eat the nuts out o' th'ash tray, or take peanuts off a stranger, buy yer own.

:lol::lol:

I'm so glad I stayed in now Wingy but that's mainly cos my sat nav had no idea where the Rat and Trumpet was...is it in your shed ? I could have really done with a night out to spread my germs too... ahh well maybe next time :wink:

I remember all the pubs and bars we used to go to years ago having free peanuts and bombay mix etc on the bar.... obviously to make you drink more cos of the salt and flavourings etc but yeuch now I know why they stopped doing it. Maybe it wasn't the salt at all and we were all addicted to the aecond 'hand' urine taste :shock:

What was the american style bar/eaterie called on Winwick Road where the

Kentucky etc is these says.

That always had bowls of nuts etc... I wish I'd never eaten any of them now but I guess I must have survived or I wouldn't be typing this :blink:

Not to worry Diz.

I'll be there next Satdi night from about 7.30 if anyones got an hour or two to spare. We might even have a lock in if there are enough of us. If yer turn up after closing time Fugs, give a rattle on the back window and ask fer Charlie. Yerve got ter be in the know lad.

It was a bit on the quiet side last neet, so I got the spoons out and give em a good owld rattle to acompany the vicars wife as she did a little dance fer the lads on the poole table.

Mary,

Did tha mean that tha wanted ter be in the urinal wi me an t'other bloke? Cleo nearly had kittens when yer said that.

I recon it would spoil it if we all met each other in real life.

Think how shocked I'd be if I found out that you were really a dishy 25 year old muslce man with a flash car and sense of humour after all Bill.

And even worse how would I cope knowing that Peter was really a drag queen and that Lt K and Obs are twins joined by the left testicle.

Maybe we should all meet up but before we do we should all have to write a description of what we think each other is really like and what they do for a living etc etc and post it on here.

Ha ha that would be sooooo funny :lol:

Another option would be for us all to meet up but to not actually say who we are... bugger I bet some of you you hadn't posted your real mugshots now and I wish there were more girles on here.. but of course maybe there are :wink:

Dizz said "I recon it would spoil it if we all met each other in real life".

Think it’s a bit too late for that Dizz. This forum’s been going for a long time before you came along and back then there was a bit more of a social side to things than there is right now.

I can’t remember how long ago it was when we had a BBQ at my old place in Woolston (hopefully someone will remember or even have a picture). Anyway back then there were nearly 40 people that turned up.

It’s always nice to put a face to a name and even though the people are often nothing like how you imagine them to be, they always end up being ok probably because they’re the type that are sociable enough to turn up for such an event. To my knowledge, we had no axe murders or loonies and people seemed quite normal.

There were some though that always made excuses for not turning up and I suspect that they’d do the same today, it’s their loss and in any case they’re probably the green ones with three heads. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Bill :)

Think it’s a bit too late for that Dizz. This forum’s been going for a long time before you came along and back then there was a bit more of a social side to things than there is right now.

Are you blaming the fact that I joined the forum for the lack of off site social gatherings now Bill. :unsure:

Cor blimey I'm not that scarey am I :wink::lol::lol:

So how many of the current posters have you actually met in real life Bill ?

Well I’ll tell you that if you can tell me how many current posters we have. Bit of a how long is a piece of string type question really. Several years ago the answer would probably be most but these days it’s maybe less than half.

I’ve just checked this thread and I’ve had a beer with 4 of the 8 people here so wonder if you can work out who’s who? :unsure:

Give you a clue, you're not one of them. :mrgreen:

That’s a very odd reply, and not quite sure how to take it but it’s probably as good an example of exactly why we should have the occasional posters meetings.

Like I said Dizz, people aren’t always the same as your minds eye sees them and it’s all too easy to take someone’s words and hear them spoken in a completely different context than they were intended.

.....and you thought my reply was odd :unsure::lol:

I WAS ONLY JOKING BILL which was why I put laughing smilies etc :wink::P

So when and where should this poster's meeting that you want to have be then... and hands up everyone who will go ?

I'll come along and introduce myself as someone else just for a giggle and I'll get a person who isn't a member to come along and pretend they are me :lol:

If those of you who have had the 'pleasure' of meeting me spill the beans on the night I'll thump you 8)

And your anti-social reason being??? (you can bring a friend) :roll:

Reason being I don't like people who laugh, or people in general, or crowds, or pubs and alcohol is an evil which one should not be associated even by way of a third party.

I also have a tag which means I can't go out after 6pm at night.

PS mine was actually in reply to having a posters meeting it was in reply to Bill's quiz where he gave a clue saying that I was not one of the ones mentioned above that he had had a drink with at one time or another. :P

Well I nominate Wingy to organise it after all he started it or Gary even because it’s his forum after all and in any case he’s a bit overdue for getting his wallet out. :wink:

In the past we’ve met at a few places around the town but given most people either drive or can get a lift it’s not that much an issue. The Paddington House Hotel has been used several times in the past, it’s quite pleasant and generally quiet mid week. And if we ask them nicely, they’ll even do some butties!