Town 4 V 2 Cammell Laird (aet)

P.I.E.M.A.N.

Do we know who the teams are that we will play when we've beat Prescot? (Which 2 teams have been drawn to play winner of this game?)

Not yet - but there is every chance it could be FC United or Chester as the draw is regionalised - and they are in our region and come into the draw in the second round.

So well worth playing for!

Not yet - but there is every chance it could be FC United or Chester as the draw is regionalised - and they are in our region and come into the draw in the second round.

So well worth playing for!

FC United, Chester and how many other teams? Just asking before I get my hopes up...

It would be sick if we went to the Deva or Gigg Lane again. Are they the biggest stadiums outside of the Conference? (If Gigg Lane counts)

I don't agree that we shouldn't single him out, he looked shaky everytme the ball was anywhere near him, spent a lot of time (Whenever the ball was in the box) flopping around like a fish, that corner that he gave away at the end was worse than Gary Neville/Paul Robinson against Croatia, and after that he spent a bit more time flopping around like a fish, and repeatedly attempting (and failing) to punch it clear for about half a minute before conceeding.

I agree that he gave his all though, but that wasn't much. Fish impressions might work at Liverpool or Aberdeen, but not here.

Dan Gordon should be first choice until Pritch comes back. Keep Oldfield for the bench when Pritch returns, and see if Pritchard can go 30 minutes without getting injured again. After the first 2 games (Or whenever we are sure Pritchard is 100% fit), get rid of Oldfield. Never seen a goalkeeper as shaky as Oldfield before, and that includes Rob Green after the World Cup, Thomas Kusczack and Almunia at their best, and Pritch when he had his bad spell last season.

Don't want to tell Joey how to do his job though... :unsure:

It takes ages to load stuff on my computer, and I have this website on my favorites so it doesn't take as long. It would take about half an hour to google it so I thought it would be quicker...

Just had a look, and can't find anywhere that says it anyway. :|

www.worldstadiums.com is a website that has a list of most major stadiums in the world

Wirewarrior97. Another expert? Ask Joey to sign you as a goalie!!!

From what I heard on the net, 19 shots on goal summed it up.You can't blame the goalie if they are not doing the business at the other end.

Deja vu.

Funny how we only see the league table when they are doing well.

Blaming confidence is a non starter. After doing so well last season until they gave up trying at the end was a sign of high confidence. What has changed?

I watched Man. U stuff Bolton 5-0 and whilst I know it is different, the way United players made themselves available to receive the ball showed the difference in mind set.

Time for the excuses to stop.

What do points make? Prizes.

What do a lack of points make? A relegation fight.

I would love them to prove me wrong.

So come on guys, make me eat my words. :wink:

Wirewarrior97. Another expert? Ask Joey to sign you as a goalie!!!

I'd do better than Oldfield did today. :wink:

I think it is pretty obvious we have no confidence. We were dominant, but our defenders came up attacking too much (Duffy was further up the right wing than whoever we played at right mid for most of the game. I think he is the only defender we should allow to do that though)

I think that if we stop the passing game (Honestly, we need to cut it out!) and stop playing the ball over the top to Gahgan, we will do alright. But if we are bringing in random goalkeepers every other week instead of just playing one decent keeper and keeping him (like Gordan) after Pritchard returns, we are going to have a dodgy keeper with 2 weeks to settle in before he leaves, Pritchard returns and picks up another injury, leaving us back where we started. If we kept Stevenson just for the bench, we wouldn't have lost today, and we would have a good replacement for if Pritch got injured again, instead of just subbing on a striker to go in net. Again, the passing needs to go, and they need to get a shot in. The amount of chances that Gahgan had that he just passed was unbelievable. He is a great player, but he is scared to shoot! We should have had 12 today! But we didn't shoot, we played the "Beautiful" passing football, and an awful keeper lost us it at the end. Joey Dunn needs to realise that copying Arsenal won't work, Arsenal are terrible. We need the defenders, we need a full on goal scorer, we need to shoot more, passing doesn't work unless you are Barcelona or Manchester United. Just pass it about the midfield and get it up for a start, maybe to the wings to Gahgan or Duffy, cross it in or cut in, then shoot, don't just pass it back out wide or to a player in a good position which isn't as good as your own. He won't shoot anyway, do it yourself. We just need a shot on target, and the chubby guy in net won't have a chance. Maybe if we are against Phil again, or another decent keeper, actually aim for one of the corners, but in our league you generally just need the shot on target. We don't shoot enough, they just pass it back to another player who isn't in a position as good as their own, and throw the chance in the bin. Its like if someone was offered a goal on a plate, and just gave it to the dog.

Maybe we could try and buy Evans back with the money from Finlay? :?

Edit: Just realised how much I have just wrote. Sorry... :unsure:

Wire warrior, are you seriously suggesting that we judge this goalkeeper on that game? What are you judging him on - he hardly had anything to do as the oppositions attack was so poor! As for the goal, incompetence on the referees part left the poor lad completely exposed, and barring a free kick he saved well, Harrogate didnt test him at all. The lad has played at a good level before and has a good CV for a player at this level - there are clearly other reasons why we lost that match. Bad day - bad result - move on and win on tuesday

Were we watching the same game mate, seriously, a fine double save from Chris kept us in it when they had their first corner and the goalmouth scramble, Dave Stevenson actively chose to leave us, for another club in our division (Bamber Bridge) mate, Dan Gorden, looked terrified for part of the game on Tuesday, and looked glued to his line at other times, didn't he come for the first goal and miss it completely on Tuesday, so all keepers do make mistakes. Chris Oldfield has played for Liverpool at reserve team level I believe, and in Europe with Bangor City, so he is hardly that bad. He'll win us more points than he will lose us whilst he is with us. I agree with what you say about shooting instead of trying to take everyone on, you never know you may get a rebound, a deflection, or you may even score. I think we played very well overall today, played some good football, particularly in the first half, and let me assure you, we played worse than that at Prescot last Saturday and won 2-0, so thats football mate. Lets just put it behind us, hold back on the criticism, until it is justified and get behind the boys, once again, starting at Prescot on Tuesday evening.

I take hit he didn't somehow manage to kick the ball the opposite way to the way which he was aiming, and was lucky for that itself not to end up in the net. Good performance from pretty much everyone else though.

Whenever they got an attack, He looked shaky and he didn't get up quick enough after he dived, leaving himself in poor positions, and flopped helplessly towards the ball again. That happened practically every time they had a decent attack. He just flopped about like a helpless fish until our defenders had cleared it.

(And Pritch also played in Europe :wink:)

Anyway, can't wait till we play St. Helens in the league next season. I've given up on this season already. :?

Today any goal keeper would have struggled with the windy conditions, Wire Warrior have you ever played in goal in a 11 aside game against men who are 6ft 6 and looking to whack you. Goalkeeper is the most difficult position on the field and many outfield players and spectators dont realise how difficult it is.

Dan Gordon as well he played tuesday would have been eaten alive by that team to day they were a very powerful front line and two centre halfs who were 6ft+.

Pritch is the number 1 however he has made some clangers aswell as the best keeper ive seen play for town in Deigo. I just think you are being way out of order on Chris.

I have mentioned the chances that weren't put away... scroll up a bit.

You're first 2 posts were a rant at the goalie. Did you tell Fergie about his new goalie?

the 3rd post as well as the goalie went on to describe how bad the passing was and a tiny mention about they should have scored 12.

I would have been more critical about the failure to score, than the goalie having a bad day at the office. But there again, I do tend to look at both sides of arguments/issues.