Another moan.... weather and dark nights

Dizzy

Ok so another moan but there's only me on here at the moment and no new 'talk' so that's making me worse.

This time last week I was in Wales.. we'd had a lovely sunny day and paddled in the sea and a bbq at night...same the next day.. and the next

Now look at it... it's like winter. Wind, rain and dark just after 8pm.

I guess summer is now over then and if the last two years are anything to go by it's only just over 8 weeks weeks until the snow comes again :unsure:

Sledges at the ready and cameras charged up just incase chaps and chapesses :lol:

:lol::lol: Yes it did relax me but I seem to be on a downward spiral now normality has come back into force. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It wasn't Butlins though as that would drive me mad.

Glad you got some rain at last though Stallard12 but I bet we have had more than you got today. I'd rather have that though I suppose as 99 degrees would really make me bad temepered and wildfires sound very scarey indeed so a good job I don't live where you are. I should be greatful for what we have got I suppose :oops:

PS Thanks for keeping me company :D

It's been a hot dry summer, but the records exist where they can show that this has happened several times before over the years. In fact the record temp of a 120 degrees happened in 1938 and the worst summer was around 1900. Natural cycles.

If man-made global warming is a fact, how come it didn't exist in the 1900's when the industrial revolution was in full swing and there were no regulations? Where was it in the 40's and fifties when all of the coal fires were going. You couldn't walk around without bumping into walls because the smog was so thick and Albania looked like a picture of hell, but no temperature change. It doesn't compute.

Very true Stallard12 but then you could argue that there were not the high number of cars and other vehicles on the roads as there are today spitting out their fumes, nor was there the same high level of gas and elec being used in homes and businesses, no aresoles (errm how fo you spell that I mean those things that spray like deodorants etc...I rather like the way I have spelt it though)

Maybe the modern day fumes are more dangerous to the ozone than the old fumes or maybe they just didn't worry avout it which is why we are where we are today with global warming.

Personally I think it's all a smokescreen for something else (ha ha sorry I couldn't resist)

The volume of chemicals involved in hairsprays and refrigerators etc. is irrelevant when compared to the vastness of the earth's stratosphere. On the industrial side, CVC'c were removed from paint twentyfive years ago and refrigerants were banned twenty years ago, apparently with no effect. The main target is now the coal burning power plants. The plants 'scrub' their emissions to the point where you could eat your dinner off them. Compared to the billions of household fires of the fifties, their contaminents are not in the same street. Cars are all fitted with emissions technology and tested regularly, again apparently to no effect.

The one indisputable fact about the global warming 'opinion', is that billions of dollars are being grabbed in the form of grants and others are making fortunes writing books and giving speeches. Do you think they are going to let all that end? To these 'scientists' it's better than New Years Eve 2000, because there is not a final date to this scam, they can reap it in for years.

• Upvote 1

Don't start being clever about emmissions and global warming Stallard12 as you will loose us all :wink::lol:

Are you saying the scientist and government are lying about it all then or they have just got it all completely wrong.

Maybe they have got it all wrong and their meddling has resulted in our coolers summers, colder winters, other countries droughts, earthqaukes, tsunamis, hurricaines and everything else that seems to be on the increase.

Have they now buggered it all up by trying to protect it :shock:

Bring back normal light bulbs for starters is what I say. Ban these stupid energy saving ones that are so crap and dim we'll all need glasses or go mad from being subjected to whatever they emit and the consequences of being in a dim yellow environment :evil:

Sorry, I didn't think it was that technical, just common sense really. My opinion and it is only my opinion, is that two factors are in play. First, every politician wants to be able to claim that he is saving the world. They feel that it is better to go along with the flow rather than against it, that's more likely to win them re-election. If it means wasting a few billion of your Pounds to get re-elected, what the hell. Secondly, never lose sight of the fact that most politicians, at all levels, are gullible and dumb. Just because they put MP after their name, it does not guarantee that they have intelligence. Most of them are the type that answers quiz questions like: "In what city is the Leaning Tower of Pisa" with "Rome'. Just look at the decisions they make on a daily basis. A scientist looking for a million Pound grant, could tie them up in knots.

Yes, they have gotten it wrong, as usual.

It's been a hot dry summer, but the records exist where they can show that this has happened several times before over the years. In fact the record temp of a 120 degrees happened in 1938 and the worst summer was around 1900. Natural cycles.

If man-made global warming is a fact, how come it didn't exist in the 1900's when the industrial revolution was in full swing and there were no regulations? Where was it in the 40's and fifties when all of the coal fires were going. You couldn't walk around without bumping into walls because the smog was so thick and Albania looked like a picture of hell, but no temperature change. It doesn't compute.

Steady Stallard, you'll have the thought people locking you up. You can't make common sense statements as it doesn't fit in with the Green policies. :wink:

though)[/Maybe the modern day fumes are more dangerous to the ozone than the old fumes or maybe they just didn't worry avout it which is why we are where we are today with global warming.

Personally I think it's all a smokescreen for something else (ha ha sorry I couldn't resist)

I have maintained that the scientists, experts, politicians have you all running around in circles blaming this that or the other for the holes in the ozone layer, and encouraging people to create green footprints, or whatever they call it, in effort to limit the damage.

No mention of the real cause of ozone destruction and the obscene costs in doing it. Satellites and space craft ripping through the oxone layer at enormous speeds and heat, circulating the world, must surely be the real cause. :roll:

To me it's assholes.

The focal point of the 'climate change' brigade is that the glaciers are melting, a fact that can be spotted by just measuring their limit line this year and checking again next year. This being the case, the warming would be noticed by every explorer of the artic and antartic, so overlooking it isn't a choice. It certainly wasn't changeing at the height of steam and coal pollution around 1900 - ask Capt. Scott if it was getting warmer in the antartic !!!

Temperatures do change naturally, it's the contention that man is to blame that is at issue.

To sum up: From 1860 to 1960, with uncontrolled pollution, there was no evidence of climate change. From 1960 t0 2011, with Draconian regulations in place, we now have a disaterous problem. Something doesn't smell right there - pardon the pun.