Finley Transfer Listed!?

WireWarrior97

From what the report indicates in the news section it`s Sam`s wish to leave the club. In my opinion probably the best player at the club in terms of skill, passion and effort. Unfortunately that same passion can also appear in bursts of temper and aggression at times which can be costly to the team as a whole in any match.

Providing the aggresive side of the passion can be curbed/managed he will go far in his footballing carrer in my opinion.

He will be surely missed by both the team and fans alike, and I wish him every success in taking his career that step further.

All the best Sam.

Ian

Sam has told me his reasons today on facebook and asked me to clear a few things up and asked me to post the following:

"I will continue to happily play for the club and will give 100 percent for the club and the fans, I was gutted I never played on saturday and want to play tomorrow night and show that I am still committed to the club.

But its every lads dream to play at a higher level"

For me it was just a matter of time before Sam decided to move on to greater things, someone so young and a gifted footballer should never be denied the chance to try at a higher level. I am sure we will all give Sam our best wishes when the time comes that he gets his dream move, lets hope we hold out for a good fee (any future bonus payments too) but control your anger and you will make it.

All the best Sam, great lad and great footballer.

I agree with FTB, he was on the verge of a move to Sheffield Wednesday in the summer I believe, so we cannot deny him the chance to play at the highest level possible. Sam I know you always gave your all for not just the team, but also for the best fans in the league that follow the Town everywhere. Hope to see you back in the team soon, and when the move does come, make sure its upwards and not sideways to another team in our division.

Good luck Sam lad and thanks from everyone BTG

Woody

In situations like this, the truth and reasons rarely come out. As always there are two sides to every story and you can't believe one without hearing the other. Sam will be truly missed as he was the star man in mid-field, but the Manager carries the can and the buck stops with him.

Wherever you go, good luck for the future Sam.

Its a shame the deal with Sheffield fell through, I think. It would be great for him, and it would mean I have a great addition to my team on FIFA12 :wink:

Best luck to him, and I can see him making it in League 1 or League 2, definitely the Conference North or whatever. Similar to Diego Basininisinini or whatever his name was.

So there is a chance the club makes money from this, unlike with Salmon?

In situations like this, the truth and reasons rarely come out. As always there are two sides to every story and you can't believe one without hearing the other. Sam will be truly missed as he was the star man in mid-field, but the Manager carries the can and the buck stops with him.

Wherever you go, good luck for the future Sam.

I agree with Peter T here, everbody wants the next step (at 18?) it will be interesting to see where he ends up next and how many levels above where he is now?

Sam has told me his reasons today on facebook and asked me to clear a few things up and asked me to post the following:

"I will continue to happily play for the club and will give 100 percent for the club and the fans, I was gutted I never played on saturday and want to play tomorrow night and show that I am still committed to the club.

But its every lads dream to play at a higher level"

For me it was just a matter of time before Sam decided to move on to greater things, someone so young and a gifted footballer should never be denied the chance to try at a higher level. I am sure we will all give Sam our best wishes when the time comes that he gets his dream move, lets hope we hold out for a good fee (any future bonus payments too) but control your anger and you will make it.

All the best Sam, great lad and great footballer.

In my playing experience even if your transfer listed you play ( a.k.a shop window). If he,s missed games which above it states he has then something else is wrong so maybe committment is an over utilised word.

In my playing experience even if your transfer listed you play ( a.k.a shop window). If he,s missed games which above it states he has then something else is wrong so maybe committment is an over utilised word.

no the games that sam missed are cup games so he wont be cup tied when he moves

• Upvote 1