Fat Tax?

observer

No. It would not work as people would find ways round it and it is unenforceable without a great cost to the public.

I am fed up with continual interference from the government or some other self interest bod.

I say no to prohibition of smoking in public places. I dont smoke nor do I like smoke in my face, but there are enough bans that are unenforceable and this is yet another

Same with smoking in cars.. unenforceable

Phones in cars... practically unenforceable

traffic blocking side roads unenforceable

all these wonderful ideas need money to enforce and them and even then rely on the evidence of one self inmportant uniformed clot.

So no no no to more bans.

Errm nope Piere; but future tax-payers will, as the NHS bill escalates. :roll: Agree Wahl, no need for stupid "bans"; however, as Wolfie indicates, there is an age old, time tested means of social engineering, it's called taxation. One simply taxes all those things that are generally "bad" for us, whilst subsidising all those things that are considered "good" for us. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

I think the requirement is only something like 2 or 3 hours a week which isn't going to address the issue of obese kids. The article in yesterday's papers about some obese children being taken into care is a controversial issue but it is too late really. These children should be monitored from an early age so that parents can be educated before the problems start. That is when compulsion to exercise and eat well should happen, not when the kids are approaching secondary school age and older. Whatever happened to the Health Visitors who would report anything they spotted in their regular checks during the 1st 5 years?

I blame all these computers. Sitting around all the time writing comments on forums or playing games for hours on end and getting little exercise other than having to get up to pay a visit or grab the odd burger and drink.

Not like me who spend hours sitting around all the time writing comments on forums or playing games for hours on end and getting little exercise other than having to get up to pay a visit or grab the odd burger and drink. :mrgreen: