Anyone Know Where Billy Brown, Mike Ball, Roy Picket or Mike Mcgrath is?

gazandmalc

Hi there,

Our names are Gary (Lea) & Malc (Webb) of Orrell near Wigan & we are looking for the people we used to work with in the 1970's - 1980's.

During this time we worked for W.A. Brown Electrical Contractors of 11 Grove Street Latchford Warrington & then EDI Ltd Electrical Contractors Tanning Court (Off Mersey Street) Warrington & we are looking for the following people:

Billy Brown from Reynolds Avenue Latchford.

Mike Ball who lived near the King & Queen (Off King Edward Street).

Roy Pickett who lived in Bewsey.

& Malc's friend - Mike McGrath who lived in West Avenue Orford.

If anyone knows the whereabouts of our friends then send us a message please.

Any help would be fantastic.

Regards

Gary & Malc

Hi Sheila,

Yes that would be absolutely great.

You can either reply to this message or send the email to:

gazandmalc@yahoo.co.uk

Or do both Sheila if you have time?

In fact, thank you very much for your time & going out of your way to actually reply.

Regards

Gary (gazandmalc)

Welcome to the forum gazandmalc (Gary and Malc).

Fantastic to see that you have already found one of your work mates through here thanks to Shiela_P. Here's hoping the others follow as quickly eh? :D

Good luck

Edited by Dizzy
blummin typos again, sorry

OK Sheila,

Thanks again.

Gary (gazandmalc)

Hi again. I've spoken to Veronica and she has asked that you email her and she'll let Billy know that you are looking for him.

She tells me that Mike Ball is Billy's brother-in-law, so she might be able to get an email address for you.

I'll PM you with her email address.

Good luck!

Hi Sheila,

That's fine.

Do you have Veronica's email?

Me & Malc just want to say hello to Billy really & let him know me & Malc are still friends living in Orrell.

I'm sure Billy would like to have a few email chat's with us?

Malc worked for Billy for around 20 Years & I worked for him for around 8 Years.

We worked with Mike Ball as well.

Thanks Sheila.

Regards

Gary (gazandmalc)

Hi Sheila,

That's fine.

Do you have Veronica's email?

Me & Malc just want to say hello to Billy really & let him know me & Malc are still friends living in Orrell.

I'm sure Billy would like to have a few email chat's with us?

Malc worked for Billy for around 20 Years & I worked for him for around 8 Years.

We worked with Mike Ball as well.

Thanks Sheila.

Regards

Gary (gazandmalc)

I sent you a PM at the time that I sent you the last message. Have you received it?

Veronica remembers Malc :P

• 3 months later...

Hello Malc Webb ,you might remember me, i had a few Saturday nights in Wigan with Mike & i met you a time or two...my name is Dave. Now was it you that first met Mike in a gas board created hole in Wallgate & was it you that got done for 3 on a bike in the sixties ? lol.

The last time i saw Mike to speak to was the best part of 20 years ago when he had a workshop off Orford Lane repairing fruit machines ,after he left Bellfruit.I think i have seen him within the last 10 years driving a car over Warrington bridge. The last i heard of Mike was that he was getting married to a girl from,i think, Winsford, so he could be living there.I have even tried facebook myself to find him,but to no avail.

Anyway Malc are you ok ? Look after yourself.

I am on facebook daveh51@live.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I'm not quite sure who you are but I'm glad you've contacted me.

I knew a guy called Alan Hughes.

Did you live near 'The Hermit' pub near Winwick?

I didn't meet Mike in Wigan, I have been friends with Mike right from when I was at Bement junior school and that was in the 1960's.

You obviously must know me because hardly anyone knows about the motorbike incident?

The last time I saw Mike was about 20 Years ago in Wigan & I've not heard from him since then?

I'd like to get in touch with him again.

I may try going to the local forums in Winsford to see if he lives there?

I'm amazed no one knows where he is, especially as he knows all about computers.

Anyhow Dave, drop me another line if you find anything out & just jog my memory a bit more about how we know each other?

That's all for now Dave.

Malc

gazandmalc@yahoo.co.uk

Yes it was me who used to live near the Hermit. It wasn't Mike you met courtesy of the gas board , it was Phil ,with the beard,from Wigan !You used to go out with a blond young lady from Wigan but i can't remember her name.

Will definitely be in touch if i hear of Mike ,by the way i think there is a Winsford Guardian that is linked to the Warrington Guardian.

Look after yourself Malc!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have u got billy browns e-mail address?

fran uk

Hi Francine,

His sister is a friend of mine.

As you will understand, his address can't be printed publicly but if you PM me with a bit more information about yourself and how you know Billy, I'll certainly ask her for you.