Copycat Rioting across London.

algy

Following the Tottenham Riot there were copycat rioting on the streets across London by gangs of thugs who obviously decided it was a way of easy pickings by looting stores, some of the louts being as young as eight to ten years old, to me this links in with the governments (including those previously in power) slack attitude to capital and corporal punishment. Don't the idiots who are SUPPOSED to be running this country realise that they are breeding a new breed of criminal in that these kids of eight to ten years old are at their most impressionable age and have no concept of the meaning of responsibility or accountability and idolize those older than themselves who in turn have no respect for the law, knowing that all they will receive as punishment is a slap on the wrist and at worst a very short remand period in a "Fully Inclusive Hotel" with all the amenities they could wish for, looks like those coming up to pension age within the next fifteen to twenty years are in for a rough ride and shall be forced to live in their homes with bars to the windows and doors, God Help Them!.

• Upvote 1

The under-class are revolting - and now begins the various bids by different interest groups to blame differing causations. But what is clear, is that an inarticulate mob are vandalising their own enviroment, spurred on by anarchists. We can debate the causations, but the question is, in the mean time, do we want anarchy on our streets or do we want law and order to prevail? Unfortunately, in a riot situation, talking/debating just doesn't cut the mustard; control and authority has to resume normal service; and if that means cracking heads by the police - so be it. And if we're worried about "innocent" folk getting caught up in this, well the answer for any normal person is, don't go there. :shock:

They certainly need to do something and quickly because it’s spreading like the plague. I can’t believe some of the politicians who just can’t switch into reality mode and waffle on about robust policing methods (Ha Ha!) and the need for political reform.

Like Observer said, we may need to crack a few heads or something and bring in some emergency measures (probably a curfew) to restore order.

Bill :)

So how do you find that out? I dont twitter but I do use facebook but I only get to see stuff from my friends and family. Is there a befriend a hoody option I need to check lol

One of my friends on Facebook referred to it. Someone on the group has informed the police.

Edited to remove link.

Edited by Sheila_P

Yep just managed to work that out.

It looks in the main like kids who find it acceptable to talk this way.

I doubt they have any understanding that what they’re doing. It’s an absolute and total abuse of the rights to freedome of speech. Behaving this way in some other counties would see them in jail.

very sad!

The Met police are uploading images of all the the rioters they got on camera/cctv onto their own facebook and other social networking sites.

Why didn't they just blast the lot of them with water canons or tear gas at the time and drag them off the streets rather than filming them?

The scum kids were even attacking the fire men as they were trying to put out fires and save people's lives in the flats above shops and they dragged a couple out of their car and set fire to that too.

I just don't know what else to say having just watched the tv footage and damage that these thousands of kids have done. Shocked and sickened :evil:

... and it's all for what exactly ? God only knows :evil:

I'm inclined to agree Egbert, though they have become a way of life for thousands of people and there are so many that it would be impossible to close them all down. I do use facebook to keep in touch with past friends and family, but as Bill said, I only have friends who I know as contacts. Youngsters use their phones for accessing these sites and their contacts are worldwide in some cases.

The monitoring should be much more pro-active by those in the know, and known activists should be prevented from communicating in this way. It's too late after the event, but I'm sure someone in authority knew and watched the messages flying to and fro, so it should have been stopped then.

With the chance of being ostracized: Could this possibly be the result of years of politically correct liberalism? I think that, that is the mindset that has to be overcome, before you can expect a realistic response from the politicians and law enforcement. Although, we have our own riots from time to time, even with a more consevative justice system. So who knows?

Sorry to butt in.

Home Secretary Theresa May has appeared to rule out bringing in the Army as reinforcements and has rejected calls for water cannons to be used.

She said today: 'The way we police in Britain is not through use of water cannon. The way we police in Britain is through consent of communities.'

Which means what ? They need do do or use something if it all kicks off again tonight :evil: Words don't work !!

The lad who started the Facebook group has now been arrested.

Rumours are flying round the social media about trouble in Latchford, Bewsey and on Winwick Road.

Businesses are closing early - fact. Tesco on Manchester Road is closing early and staff are being sent home in taxis.

Hopefully, the threats won't come to fruition.

*Mindless* :angry:

If they start up in Warrington they can cause hundreds of poundsworth of damage.

Liberalisation in its many forms should take the blame.

What annoys me is that these despoiled areas will jump the money queue. Other areas will go short.

You can't just use water cannon. You need training apparently and I believe that no-one has been so trained.

Don't know anything about blackberries and face- boook, but the government shoud persude them to go off air for a couple of days and nights.

Happy days

The only way to deal with these neanderthals, is through methodical and absolute force applied by an organised and diciplined Police Force. Warnings should be issued to clear the streets, to allow the "innocent" spectators time to get out; then in go the police, shock and awe, no prisoners, breaking heads, in a remorseless assault like the advance of a Roman Legion. And when it's all over, no sob stories about some innocent bystander being assaulted by the police - if your on the street, your fair game imo. And no sob stories about kids being killed or injured - they just shouldn't be there - end of. :twisted:

I didn't know people had to be trained to use a water cannon Harry. Why is that as it's only high pressure water and in my mind like has already been said by Obs and others on here and on the tv...IF these kids/teenagers/adults are out on the streets looting, setting fire to buildings, attacking the police and other services and also putting peoples lives and livelyhoods at risk then they have to face the consequences end of... if they don't want to face it or are innocent bystanders then dont go there !! Cameron and other politicians have said similar too although why they are holding parliament on Thursday to discuss rather than right this very minute astounds me :evil:

As for closing down facebook for a few days, probably a very good idea as it's certainly got the wind up people round here today and even though the page about Warrington riots has/is being closed it's still all being talked about across everyone elses own pages (well according to my son anyway). But if facebook is closed what is to stop them finding another way to communicate? At least the police are starting to trace people through facebook as to comment you have to be registered although I believe they can't be traced via blackberies but not sure if that means online or via text messages (I find that hard to believe though in this day and age).

Seems people are also using FB to keep upto date and for safety alerts on what's happening in their areas too though ie London etc and it's also being used to co-ordinat cleanups and the met are uploading images of offenders on it in the hope they will be named.

Most of which could of course be broadcast in another way... so yes close it down and hope it works I guess :|

Watching this on the news; it seems we don't have enough coppers to deploy quickly to incidents. It's frankly no good, moving these morons on, from one riot to the next, they need to be rounded up and bagged. This must involve first, the establishment of a police cordon, so none of the rats escape, then your assault force moves in to crack heads. Think also, it's time to bring in rubber bullets, tear gas, and water (with dye) cannon, ultimately everyone needs to understand that participating in this kind of activity will be very painfull indeed, if not fatal. :angry: