FREE ENTRY TO SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Barmy_army

To be honest, I don't like this. None of them will stay for more than 3 games, and all the "Yellows" stuff will go out the window, if they do stick. All our chants/songs and stuff will also be lost, so its generally a waste of time. Maybe halve the prices, but dragging in 400 people who don't know a thing about the club is stupid.

So, I will bet you a couple of quid that by May, we won't be 'The Town' and we won't play in yellow. We will be 'The Wire' and we will play in Primrose.

Also, I don't want us to lose our decent view and stuff to a bunch of Bandwagonners who know NOTHING about the club or its history. Ridiculous.

To be honest, I don't like this. None of them will stay for more than 3 games, and all the "Yellows" stuff will go out the window, if they do stick. All our chants/songs and stuff will also be lost, so its generally a waste of time. Maybe halve the prices, but dragging in 400 people who don't know a thing about the club is stupid.

So, I will bet you a couple of quid that by May, we won't be 'The Town' and we won't play in yellow. We will be 'The Wire' and we will play in Primrose.

Also, I don't want us to lose our decent view and stuff to a bunch of Bandwagonners who know NOTHING about the club or its history. Ridiculous.

You have obviously lived a very long and knowledgable life on how to market a football club and build community links!

I will be highly delighted if we "drag in 400" I would be pleasantly surprised if we get 40 - and most of the barmy army (and directors) are Wolves fans as well so you have undoubtedly upset a few of your fellow supporters! :oops:

The club deserves nothing but success.

If we can progress on the field as we have off it then surely we must be looking at promotion.

Just look at the developments over the last few months.

First full time employee (James) who is doing a fantastic job.

3G pitches

Large advert in Golden Square.

Formation of junior teams

As Gary said if we could increase the attendance by 40/50 that would be brilliant.

Maybe I got a bit drastic, but if a bunch of people barge into the stadium, and start to call us Primrose, it'll probably get rid of everything separating us from the Wolves.

(Its like if 5000 United fans turned up @ wherever Salford city reds play, and started singing United songs. Or if 25,000 Notts County fans turned up at the City Ground, stole the best seats and started getting everyone to call them Notts Forest. I aint comparing Wolves/Town to Forest/County, but you get my point)

I'm sorry if I'm sounding grumpy, by the way :)

Maybe I got a bit drastic, but if a bunch of people barge into the stadium, and start to call us Primrose, it'll probably get rid of everything separating us from the Wolves.

(Its like if 5000 United fans turned up @ wherever Salford city reds play, and started singing United songs. Or if 25,000 Notts County fans turned up at the City Ground, stole the best seats and started getting everyone to call them Notts Forest. I aint comparing Wolves/Town to Forest/County, but you get my point)

I'm sorry if I'm sounding grumpy, by the way :)

The Warrington Town brand has been The Wire for the past four years - and no wonder you are grumpy making posts so late at night when you should be tucked up in bed.

More sleep less grumpy!

Oh and BTW we will always play in YELLOW, not primrose.

Clarkey... I don't watch your footy and I only watch the Wolves on TV but my lad goes to every single wolves match and his dad has been a Wolves supporter for years too. I have never heard either of them say the word 'primrose' when watching a Wolves match.

You've got me in fits of giggles now as the image in my head of them and all the other supporters shouting 'Come on the Primroses' is just soooooo funny :lol:

Like Gary says though a lot of your footy supporters (especially the younger more vocal ones) are Wolves supporter too and they manage to fit in ok :wink:

I think you are worrying about something that wont happen.... they are two different games, two different teams, two different locations and there is no reason why people wont support them in that way like they have always done :wink:

... just speaking as an outsider of course as I don't know anything really about your club apart from that you are trying to promote it and get more supporters :oops:

I have no interest in football whatsoever and have been a season ticket holder at the Wire for years. Whilst I won't be turning up to this, I think the club must be applauded for this initiative.

Any business has to try to increase revenue, and this is an excellent way to try and achieve this and one that I hope works for them.

I have no interest in football whatsoever and have been a season ticket holder at the Wire for years. Whilst I won't be turning up to this, I think the club must be applauded for this initiative.

Any business has to try to increase revenue, and this is an excellent way to try and achieve this and one that I hope works for them.

The beer and the pies are just as good, if not better (certainly cheaper) - and it is never too late to enjoy a new interest.

Non league football is proper football - you may be pleasantly surprised!

Thank you for your good wishes and you may be pleasantly surprised if you had a change of heart and visited us. :D

I am a Warrington Wolves fan, sat here in my wolves shirt. I have nothing against Wolves fans, apart from the fact that if the majority attendances become Wolves fans who haven't heard about the club before this offer, they will start to confuse the yellow ad the primrose, and probably get rid of the originality of Warrington Town FC, which separates us from the Warrington Wolves. I have nothing against trying to bring in new fans , I just reckon the club desertves some originality.

I am a Warrington Wolves fan, sat here in my wolves shirt. I have nothing against Wolves fans, apart from the fact that if the majority attendances become Wolves fans who haven't heard about the club before this offer, they will start to confuse the yellow ad the primrose, and probably get rid of the originality of Warrington Town FC, which separates us from the Warrington Wolves. I have nothing against trying to bring in new fans , I just reckon the club desertves some originality.

Clarkey - how on earth can supporters remove a club's identity - those who come and hopefully stay will share in our existing identity of TEAM WARRINGTON!

Warrington Town FC has its own identity with its own board of directors/shareholders and is keen to retain its historic links with the town - hence the nick name The Wire (Dates back to when we were an industrial Wire making town) and still display the town's badge as our crest!

I sometimes why I bother working around the clock to enhance the profile of the football club :roll:

Oooh it's still none of my business but...

Clarkey, in March your footy club was only charging £1 admission (instead of £7)for one of the matches and also under 12's and all sudents from Warrington Collegiate got in free. Students... yeuch <_<

In September last year all Wolves Season ticket holders got in for half price and Wolfpack members got in for free.

They obviously didn't take over your clubs identity or 'yellow' of you then then so why should the first match this season be any different if Wolves lot (like yourself) get in free just for that one?

They may only come to one game or they might enjoy your footy and come to more, but it's no different than any other person off the street coming along really is it?

You need to squash your paranoia before it gets a right old grip of you (or before Gary either resigns or bans you from the matches) :lol::wink:

Anyway... nothing to do with me so I'm off again :oops:

Heres' one for you Clarkey.... 'probability' (you probably did that at school)

The probability of an outcome = number of ways the outcome can happen ÷ total number of possible outcomes :wink:

So work out the probability of x number of wolves fans turning up .. followed by the probability of those people removing your originality.

or

The probability of x number of wolves fans turning up .. followed by the probability that they may boost your originality.

or

The probability of x number of wolves fans not turning up .. followed by the probability of those people not turning up harming your originality or even boosting it.

or

The probability of me just doing some ironing or something and leaving you all alone for a night :lol:

Ps it's 'are' not 'is' :wink:

Heres' one for you Clarkey.... 'probability' (you probably did that at school)

The probability of an outcome = number of ways the outcome can happen ÷ total number of possible outcomes :wink:

So work out the probability of x number of wolves fans turning up .. followed by the probability of those people removing your originality.

or

The probability of x number of wolves fans turning up .. followed by the probability that they may boost your originality.

or

The probability of x number of wolves fans not turning up .. followed by the probability of those people not turning up harming your originality or even boosting it.

or

The probability of me just doing some ironing or something and leaving you all alone for a night :lol:

Ps it's 'are' not 'is' :wink:

A- 1. If more than 250 Wolves fans turn up, the majority of the fans will think we are primrose and blue, so we will lose our originality.

- 2. If about 100 Wolves fans turn up, we lose a small bit of that originality

- 3. If less than 50 Turn up, no problem.

B- 1. If about 50 Wolves fans turn up, they will pick up that we are Yellow Not Primrose.

- 2. If about 100 fans turn up, they will pick up after a small while, or infect the rest of us :o

- 3. If more than 250 turn up, we don't get any more originality, we just lose it :(

C- Not that many will turn up anyway :(

D - Erm... Likely?

(Please don't tell me that that was a rhetorical question...)

A- 1. If more than 250 Wolves fans turn up, the majority of the fans will think we are primrose and blue, so we will lose our originality.

- 2. If about 100 Wolves fans turn up, we lose a small bit of that originality

- 3. If less than 50 Turn up, no problem.

B- 1. If about 50 Wolves fans turn up, they will pick up that we are Yellow Not Primrose.

- 2. If about 100 fans turn up, they will pick up after a small while, or infect the rest of us :o

- 3. If more than 250 turn up, we don't get any more originality, we just lose it :(

C- Not that many will turn up anyway :(

D - Erm... Likely?

(Please don't tell me that that was a rhetorical question...)

My head hurts just looking at this..... :blink:

• Upvote 1