Verbal abuse not acceptable

Geoffrey Settle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoff - as I live in an area that gets many Tourists for 6 months of the year, I can tell you that rudeness is universal no matter what the age of the driver!

I used to be afraid of the little old people that could hardly see over the steering wheel, well no more; its the out of Staters that have me nervous.

As far as rude language - I ignore it and figure Karma will get them and it usually does. :unsure::P

Give it a rest you two you are getting as daft as Marks, O'Neil and Barr with your constant tittle tattle everywhere I seem to look.

Count yourselves lucky this is only a screen dump :lol:

threadjackers.jpg

Who's a clever girl then? I was impressed by your other one that you told me about. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but some of the above posts have temporarily been removed for now (including my own). That's not to say they have gone for good so no whinging please.

Geoff.. I have sent you a message.. please read and reply, many thanks Dizzy (annoying moderator)

I realise that this makes the topic rather hard to follow at the moment as you all can only see some of the replies and not others...

Is there going to be a conclusion to this? :unsure:

Have you been drinking Gary :lol:

All the posts went back on ages ago once Geoff had replied to me saying he witnessed and photo'd the event himself.... apart from the one post which was my own post explaining why all the others had gone temporarily and which is still PINK (meaning only you and I (or other mods) could/can see it now). When I say no one else can see it now... they couldn't until YOU just quoted it so you've probably just confused everyone. :lol:

I left that there incase I had to wipe out the others again so I didn't have to type my original reply explaining why they had gone again and I could just make mine visible and the others invisible.

You are a muppet sometimes and I hope I have just managed to really confuse you... must be all that loud music :wink::P:lol::lol:

Have you been drinking Gary :lol:

All the posts went back on ages ago once Geoff had replied to me saying he witnessed and photo'd the event himself.... apart from the one post which was my own post explaining why all the others had gone temporarily and which is still PINK (meaning only you and I (or other mods) could/can see it now). When I say no one else can see it now... they couldn't until YOU just quoted it so you've probably just confused everyone. :lol:

I left that there incase I had to wipe out the others again so I didn't have to type my original reply explaining why they had gone again and I could just make mine visible and the others invisible.

You are a muppet sometimes and I hope I have just managed to really confuse you... must be all that loud music :wink::P:lol::lol:

There was actually a section in small print under this topic saying 1 unapproved post which probably only I could see as a moderator. I clicked on it wondering what it was and it showed your post in red but nothing else - I responded to it and suddenly the whole threaed re-appeared.

So no I hadn't been drinking and no I am not a muppet.

The actions you took obviously created a little tag for all mod/admin to see which hadn't been noticed by you :rolleyes::blink:

Yes Gary the little tag has been there from the day I did it and prior to that the tag said there were lots of little unaproved posts for the ones I took off temporarily... and yes the whole idea of them is so that only Admin and other mods can see them :lol:

Maybe you do need a drink :lol:

The actions you took obviously created a little tag for all mod/admin to see which hadn't been noticed by you :rolleyes::blink:

Ok I'm trying to be polite so I will just say.... I 'clearly' DID notice it was there as I did it and I know how it works :P

Anyway if you don't mind I'm busy .........

I got bit of verbal abuse last week after a couple of youngish Asian guys ran into the back of me at a road junction. It was the classic I move forward then have to stop but they didn’t. Being in the middle of the road, I moved across the junction to park while the pair of cheeky buggers did a quick left turn and booted it! :angry:

Their old Golf Gti wasn’t quite as quick as they thought and I caught up with them about two miles down the road. They jumped out arms waiving and shouting all sorts of abuse until I said “ Are you hearing all this?” At which point they realised I was talking hands free and must have assumed I was talking to the police, because they suddenly became all very very apologetic. :mrgreen:

Bill :)

Nah not that much damage, just a few small marks and certainly not enough to make me want to bother putting a claim in. Had a puncture the other week, £217 was the very best price I could find. Nothings cheap these days. :mellow:

I just put two tyres on my car Bill...... Mercedes price for two Dunlop SP01's - £291.00 each.... Ebay price for two tyres exactly the same and still had the pimples on them (they had done 500 miles at the most) just over £100 for both including fitting....

Just have to shop around!! :D

I think I’ve said this in the past but when I bought the car, the sales bloke did say it was a real “bird magnet” but to date, the only bird it’s ever attracted was a near miss with a wood pigeon on the M62. <_<

BlackBrera.jpgAs for the tyre cost, well I did search around that was the best on line price I could find. Black Circles seem to come out cheapest every time and their price includes the supply and fitting at one of several garages in the area.

Your daughters are quite safe, just watch out for their grannies! And just don’t look too closely at the designer cardigan because that’s my old jersey with holes in the sleeves. As for the motor, that’s not actually mine but it’s virtually the same except mine’s silver and on Pirellis. We call it the company van because it gets used mostly for moving stuff around.

untitled.jpg

Weekends are more fun because I get to drive the car that comes complete with underpants liners. :blink: