Help

Stallard12

Once again, here goes (thanks to Dizzy). I just wanted everyone to see what fine tuned athletes we were back then (I own the white 'T' shirt). Obviously we had state of the art equipment! This is a photo of the Grosvenor Cycle Touring Club 1954. The rugby ball was just for a quick game at the lunch break on an eighty mile Sunday ride. Notice also, that we considered smoking as a performance enhancer.

Now I think that I'll apply for a Guiness Record, it only took me thee days and the help of twentyfive people to post two pictures on the Forum !!!!!

HayfieldRovers.jpg

Baz I'll be honest with you, I don't think that all the playing in the world can help this picture, or the people in it !!! If I had have known that we looked that bad I would have covered my face when they took the photo. But what the hey, you did so good before you might even make us look handsome.

Well while you have thrown down the gauntlet Baz... here's the one I did for Stallard12 earlier but he obviously prefered his original so uploaded that one... and so do I as creases often seem to make an old photo seem more special sometimes... like it's been well looked at over the years and not just stuck in a drawer untouched for years.

HayfieldRoversCORRECTED.jpg

You got me there though Stallard12 as I thought you were a footy team.. then a rugby team. So where's your bikes then and where did you ride too and from ? I presume by 'white tshirt' you mean back row third from the left. Rather a handsome young chap eh and I bet you had the girls after you. How old were you there ?

It was taken last week. I bet you don't believe that! I was fifteen at the time. I'm 72 now and still ride. I raced from 1955 to 2000, but now I just do a 30 mile training ride each day, although I also spend a lot of time on my motorcycle too. Girls weren't that easy to find back then.

Sorry, got to go, big thunderstorm looks like it's moving in, got to get shutdown and get to patio to watch it. First rain since last Christmas - hope it's not a teaser.

So you are an rather energetic and very fit 'older' person who can put a lot of younster (and others like me) to shame still eh as well as being a biker ? Impressive. Did you win any medals for your races over the years?

My dad's the same age as you I wonder if your paths ever crossed although if you were doing 80 mike bike rides I doubt it :lol:

Well no signs of a thunder storm round here and we've definately had lots of rain since xmas so either you are trying to confuse me again (yes I did look out of the window) or you live in a far away land now.

Take some photo's of your storm :wink::P

Much to everyone's delight, I'm sure !!! I'm back, great light show, but only a thimbleful of rain and back to the frying. I live close to the Gulf of Mexico in southeast Texas, been here for going on thirtyfive years now.

Sorry about using the wrong photo Dizzy, I thought I had done what you said, choice didn't come into it. Hell, what do I know, I still find myself waiting for the DOS Prompt !!!!

I may have known your dad Dizzy, if he liked to get drunk in the Hop Pole, there's a darn good chance I did.

As I said, I have been sending a few things to Gordon and he says he likes them - maybe he's just trying to spare my feelings. Anyhooo, one of the things in the frame concerns bike riding in the fifties, so maybe you can catch it there. Oh God, Hollywood here I come !!