Taffs gone

safeway56

Crusaders have given up and quit Superleague...Halifax are incandescent about being turned down. Perhaps nows the time to face up to reality and admit the London 30 years plus experiment has been an abject failure. How many times have they gone bust like a dodgy double glazing company ? Even when they give away hundreds of free tickets they can't generate a half decent crowd. Get shut and give Halifax the gig.

Crusaders have given up and quit Superleague...Halifax are incandescent about being turned down. Perhaps nows the time to face up to reality and admit the London 30 years plus experiment has been an abject failure. How many times have they gone bust like a dodgy double glazing company ? Even when they give away hundreds of free tickets they can't generate a half decent crowd. Get shut and give Halifax the gig.

I take no joy from Crusaders demise; despite being passionately an anti expansionist Ludite,I do feel that the Crusaders had more chance of making a go of it given time than that total disaster ridden crowd in London ...30 years and STILL an embarasment to our game!

A trip to the land of the snails is still a novelty...Give it a few years and hardly anybody will bother. Plus the fact that when they come here what do the bring ? Around 20 garlic munchers I would think...Widnes will bring around 5,000...Halifax and Leigh slightly less. How much does it cost the mighty Wire to fulfil a fixture involving a plane for 1200 miles plus hotel accommodation for around 40 people ? Is it worth it ?

I think Catalans have been a success, both on and off the field. They have done more in their short Super league existance than Quinns (London) have done over a far longer period. I'd certainly have binned Quinns and brought in Halifax, who must be really miffed they didn't get the nod over Wakefield in any event! They have a stadium, financial security and heritage on their side, whereas Wakefield only have heritage!

I shan't shed a tear about the Taffs, although I do feel very sorry for their players, who by all accounts only found out about 5 mins before the official announcement! If that's how they want to run a club, then frankly they don't deserve a licence.

There are towns in UK which will never take to top class League or Union and Wrexham stood no better chance than past experiments in Carlisle and in Kent. That said, League has expanded on a huge scale at amatur level and in schools - perhaps it is a return to the amateur play for enjoyment ethos as opposed to modern day big business in sport which makes it difficult for a professional club to become established in any sport.

• 1 month later...