Can you tell the difference between Green and Black FUEL?

Geoffrey Settle

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know someone who has used the wrong fuel in their Vehicle?

• Yes - petrol into a diesel tank
    • No
    • Yes - diesel into a petrol tank

Well last Thursday I nearly stranded my Visually impaired passengers when I chose the green pump instead of the black :huh:

I had just dropped them off at Bournville Cadbury's World and said that I would be back in an hour or so. It was just as well I'd bought myself some time because I needed it.

I ground to a one mile an hour crawl and just squeezed off the road into a disabled bay - splattering halt in the middle of a busy street. :x

I hadn't a clue where I was and my blackberry was in its last legs. I got through to the AA and they said that they were too busy and would be there the next day!!!! I phoned the group leader at Cadbury's world just to make him aware and told him I would sort it but he had better draw up a contingency plan. :lol:

Anyway did I had to use all my negotiating skills or what - I had to my passengers are mainly elderly and some have medication that they need to take. Boy did I have to use my imagination and persuasion skills.

To cut a long story short readers I made it back to pick them up at precisely the time I had forecast and even had time to buy a few chocs for the family.

The rest of the day was just as eventful for the other two drivers and we all have tales to tell which will last for a long time with plenty of leg pulling.

And guess what none of our passengers knew what had happened so please don't tell them because they have a wicked sense of humour and I mean really wicked.

Have you any similarly embarrassing missives that you would like to share :roll:

You muppet are you visually impaired or colourblind :lol: Sorry shouldn't laugh as considering your circumstances of the day it's not funny really is it and of course can be very costly if you get it wrong.

I cant vote cos I know 'of' many who have done both but as long as you don't drive far you're usually ok once it's drained off.

Personally speaking I've never done it even though we have two cars one unleaded (green) and one diesel (black).

I guess it probably happens a lot to people who use other people's or hired cars though although don't most have warning stickers on the petrol flaps...or should I say diesel flaps?

Mine does and my other half's does too although his is written in Japanese squiggles. The 3L TD sort of gives it away that it is diesel though anyway.

He tends not to put any fuel in mine anyway so that's a blessing just incase he has a 'man' moment and gets it wrong.

Maybe petrol caps should be colour coded so as to stop any confusion or big warning stickers put on all fuel flaps as standard.

I got through to the AA and they said that they were too busy and would be there the next day!!!!

Really??? They said that???

Maybe they knew Geoff was a councillor and were getting their own back :wink:

Sorry Geoff I couldn't resist that one

No I didn't play that card in can get you into more trouble than you would realise. However being one is good fun and hard work.

Yep BAZj :angry: :angry: apparently there were three of them out and about but all busy - so I escalated the problem and slowly spelt out the condition of my passengers - his boss rearranged their schedules and then I had to secure their services by giving my credit card details.

The guy who arrived was brilliant and a character and told me he'd been doing nothing! - then he told me his next appointment was to see his boss for a review on the dat that the AA had just announced redundancies - I wonder where he is now :shock:

Are you really that thick Geoff?! :roll:

Depends on your definintion OBS..... however I did feel like a real plonker and it cost me an arm and a leg (I think it was around £240 - I daren't check but I know that I will get a right going over when the wife finds out) to secure the AA's services. So a valuable lesson learnt, not to worry I've been through a lot worse like standing on a snow ridge on the top of Helvellyn with a massive drop below me ( I didn't realise at the time or getting told off by the missus for not getting back to let our cocker spaniel, lucy, out at lunch time - the wrath of she who must be obeyed).

Helvelyn was one of those moments when you look back and think what was I doing and how did I get out of that one. I remember looked back from the top and seeing my footsteps and thought you lucky black cat that's another life gone. :rolleyes:

As ASP will tell you worse things happen at sea - on a boat in the Irish

sea. :oops: Just wait until the opposition find out about this one they will have a field day - what do you mean they already do know :idea: Just imagine the banter and leg pulling from my fellow councillors..... :wink:

No I didn't play that card in can get you into more trouble than you would realise. However being one is good fun and hard work.

Yep BAZj :angry: :angry: apparently there were three of them out and about but all busy - so I escalated the problem and slowly spelt out the condition of my passengers - his boss rearranged their schedules and then I had to secure their services by giving my credit card details.

The guy who arrived was brilliant and a character and told me he'd been doing nothing! - then he told me his next appointment was to see his boss for a review on the dat that the AA had just announced redundancies - I wonder where he is now :shock:

A cllr with a credit card? That sounds a bit iffy.

A cllr with a credit card? That sounds a bit iffy.

Can't I have a credit card Pete, I share it with the wife and she scrutinises the bill, I'll get a full grilling when the statement arrives. So mums the word. :mrgreen: We're not all corrupt as your missive and unfounded illinformed accusations, on page two of certain competitor of this site, implies by quoting from a source. :roll: Mind you I faced worse at work back when I helped the good doctor with his 2,000 bags of clothes for the Tsunami in the winter of 2004/5. I got through that and I will certainly get through any mud you try to sling at me matey. :lol::unsure:

Come to think of it I was accussed by the ex-Parliamentary candidate for similar missives - one of which was trying to stop me from posting on this web site for having the audacity to post on this site.

He made Gary's life hell but we both made it through that one as well.

Just as I got everyone back from Brum safely and ahead of all the other mini buses but that's another story. :mrgreen: I have nearnt such a lot from these people who have given me a new insight into enjoying life no matter what life throws at you. You know this all to well yourself through your afforts at the General Hospital and you do a hell of a good job there so less of the finger pointing mate - I'm not in the mood at the moment. :rolleyes:

I'm going to stick up for you and some of the other muppets now Geoff....

I went to morrisons today for some petrol and your post was in my mind so I happened to take more notice of the fuel pumps and their surrounds.

The unleaded pump station had green signs and the words 'unleaded' and the actual hand held 'spout' also had green and the words unleaded.

There were two for DIESEL next to it (presumably different sorts of diesel) and while on both the part above the actual hand help pump was in black saying Diesel.... one of them had an advert on the diesel pump 'spout' that was all green and the same shade as the unleaded green pump... although it did still say 'diesel' under the ad.

So in fareness it could be quite easy with those just to go for colour and get it wrong... I checked 3 times just incase :unsure: