The benefit of being in the EU

The way you go on LtKije anyone would think that Murdock owned ALL the newspapers and ALL the broadcasters, while anyone with half a mind of their own would know this to be a fallacy. Not that you would ever find facts like that in the Grauniad or on the Beeb :roll::roll::roll:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Examples of your news sources please Asp :wink:

Not that its any of your business, but I get my news from a wide range of sources thanks to the wonder of the internet. I even read the offerings of the Grauniad if only to wonder how a so called newspaper can be so wrong about so many things (in my opinion of course, just to save you the bother :wink: )

Yes it is my business asperity, you know where I get my news, you comment on it, I don't mind you having ago, but I would like the same right to question your media sources as you do mine. If you are not willing to be scutanised yourself you loose the right to comment.

Inky

I am not sure it would

Yes it is my business asperity, you know where I get my news, you comment on it, I don't mind you having ago, but I would like the same right to question your media sources as you do mine. If you are not willing to be scutanised yourself you loose the right to comment.

From what you say then, I assume you get all your news from the Grauniad and the BBC? I like to widen the net and get the news from the whole spectrum of political and social opinion and compare the views. This is the only way to form an opinion one way or another.

It's not your place, by the way, to decide whether or not anyone has the right to comment on anything. Ever heard of freedom of speech? I'm not trying to stop you giving your opinion, narrow minded as it is, am I? :roll::roll::roll:

Inky

I am not sure it would

You don't think your support for a single EU-wide superstate conflicts with restricting ownership of a company to people from just one small part of it? So you believe that citizens of one EU country should be banned from buying shares in companies based in another?

You might as well say that you think the owners of the Manchester Evening News or the Liverpool Echo mustn't live in Cheshire!

Sky News is available all over the world.... even Australia. Now if Sky were owned by an Australian that would make it alright surely? Sky News transmits coverage all over the world from studios all over the world.... using journalists from all over the world. I think your idea of only being able to do stuff in the country you live in embodies the way you think about most things.....

Media is Global and has been for decades, just because you have an axe to grind with Murdoch that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to own a business anywhere in the world.

By your idea, Vodafone wouldn't own Mannesmann BP wouldn't operate halfway round the globe and keep your pension funds afloat.....

What is your beef with Murdoch anyway? Cos he's rich? cos he charges too much for the Adult Channel???

As you have seen Baz, Media affects government decisions, if the media were British owned fair enough, but if it is foreign owned it's not. Simple. Murdock puts editors in his papers to push his agenda, If he was British lived here and paid in taxes here I would not have a problem.

Asp

I have no problem with you throwing stones, But I would rather you not comment on me unless you are going to open yourself up to the same scrutiny as myself. Something you are dodging at the moment. Is it you can give it but are incapable of taking it, or once beaten twice shy. :?: