A49 (Wilderspool) Stockton Heath - Swing Bridge STUCK at the moment

Dizzy

Just incase anyone is heading that way I have just been told that the swing bridge in Stockton Heath (A49 Wilderspool Causeway) is STUCK so no cars/pedestrians can go over it ....

It doesn't usually take too long to sort but I thought I'd mention it just incase :mellow:

Well the Chester Road swing bridge one got stuck about a month ago at tea time and this one the other day. A bit of warm weather usually does it but I'm sure that Peels and the Council will have to address the problem ..... well logic would say so anyway so maybe they wont :lol:

To be fair though it doesn't happen that often really but I bet it will if they start to open and closing them more. What's the betting that we'll get new cheap and nasty looking new bridges :shock:

Don't try and confuse me Peter... I'm sleepy now :lol:

I guess what you are saying is that if it sets stuck when it's shut we will all be ok... although it only ever seems to get stuck when it's open and trying to shut.

Oooh bugger I'm confused again already now :huh:

A big 10 4 there good buddy but I'm sure we just used to say 'swinger stuck' for speed .... over :P

How bizare was CB talk though... 'got yer ears on', 'smokies in plain brown wrappers', 'breaker on the side' and the like. Gosh we all must have thought we were in the Duke of Hazzard or something :lol:

I had a whopper of an aerial .. it was still naff though and we had to sit up at hill cliff to get a decent signal.

Ohhh are we going of topic :huh: