Talks in progress for Peel Hall

wahl

Hmm, WBC don't have that many vacancies posted these days, but there's currently 3 vacancies in the planning department, all at senior level or above. Wonder if these are additional or replacement jobs?

Maybe related, but there's also a vacancy for a Communications Manager.

http://www.warrington.gov.uk/site/scripts/recruit_jobs.php (these will disappear after the closing date).

PJ - yes, the link is to a development for "affordable" (maybe even social?) housing, my question was about "market" housing.

Baz - I don't give a toss about who lives in Winwick, you're barking up that wrong tree again. The Core Strategy clearly identifies brownfield sites as preferable for development ahead of any previously undeveloped land. If you feel strongly opposed to this approach, perhaps you should get your name on the list of attendees for this:

http://www.warrington.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/3702/wcs_draft_prog_and_attendees_for_hearings-_v6_14_mar_2013

• 2 weeks later...

having looked at the document and the site plans, I really can't see the problem with the development. They plan to build houses in an area that is already surrounded by houses and has a motorway as one of the boundaries.....

just my take on the situation. It is hardly green belt in the middle of nowhere is it?

Well, yes, they always were. This developer is so concerned about the lack of social housing that he's offering to build no more than the absolute minimum required. 

funny you should say that because.........

Heh.

Or to put it another way " the developer intends to provide at least as many affordable homes as recommended and also hopes to ease the strain on social housing in the area".  The developer will obviously seek to maximise profit, they are a business and if you are objecting to developers building profitable developments one must seriously question your motives.  

I object to anyone making rather obscene amounts of profit at the expense of the general public.

I'm just weird that way.

then you can't object on those grounds because you have no idea how much profit satnam will be making?