Talks in progress for Peel Hall

wahl

No not saved. The land was well used until it was fenced off. There were always people excercising their dogs and load of kids playing. Trouble was often kids would set fire to the dry grass in summer and, pardon the expression, it would spread like wild fire! Large areas of burned grass after the fire services had once again beaten out the fire.

Cleo – I’m sure the air is cleaner than it was in the days of coal fires, that’s the case everywhere. Do you know how air quality in Warrington compares with other large conurbations? That would be a more useful measure.

Baz, Sha’s saying this development (an eventual 1400 dwellings) will put more pressure on an already strained hospital, don't you agree?

Either way, its better than leaving it fenced off and barren

Heh, if only it were left barren, then we might see some delightful fauna and flora taking hold. As it is, the landowner has the site ploughed twice a year to ensure nothing is established. It’s land that was sold by New Town as farmland because they didn’t see it as suitable for development as there wasn’t adequate infrastructure. There still isn’t adequate infrastructure yet Satnam expects locals to accept major upheavals to their lives so that he can make yet more millions, and it’s all at our expense.

I don't intend to get into a discussion...

Hmmm...

Winwick Parish Council kindly allowed two Houghton Green residents to sit in on their meeting last Tuesday where Colin Griffiths made the pitch for the development.

During his presentation he claimed the the Peel Hall site was never in the green belt. He was challenged by a couple of concillors, but insisted his point.

Now, there may be an argument to say that WBC should not have included the site in the green belt the way that they did, but to say it was never green belt land is misleading. If it had never been designated as green belt land, then why go to court to have it removed?

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2007/2648.html

Anyway, here's the timeline as I understand it:

Objections to be submitted by October 3rd (21 days from submission of application).

Application and objections considered by the Case Officer, a decision would normally be expected within 13 weeks of submission of the application.

During this (by now 10 week) period, Satnam my make minor alterations to the application. The case officer decides if any adjustments are more than minor (in which case a re-submission is required), and he also decides if any adjustments satisfy the objections.

Once a decision has been made, this is recommended to the planning committee, who have the final say on approval or refusal.

If permission is refused, the applicant may appeal, and has 6 months to do this.

If permission is granted, there is no mechanism within the planning process for objectors to appeal.

I'm happy to be put right if any of that's wrong.

Don't need to be so sneaky, obs, you can't move for the damn things around here in early Spring. And it's only ever going to slow Satnam down, it won't stop 'em.

Anyway, just to confirm that there's a public meeting tomorrow (Monday 1st October) at 7.30, Cinnamon Brow Farm Community Centre.

For, against, and lurkers are all welcome.

Anyway, here's the timeline as I understand it:

Objections to be submitted by October 3rd (21 days from submission of application).

Application and objections considered by the Case Officer, a decision would normally be expected within 13 weeks of submission of the application.

During this (by now 10 week) period, Satnam my make minor alterations to the application. The case officer decides if any adjustments are more than minor (in which case a re-submission is required), and he also decides if any adjustments satisfy the objections.

Once a decision has been made, this is recommended to the planning committee, who have the final say on approval or refusal.

If permission is refused, the applicant may appeal, and has 6 months to do this.

If permission is granted, there is no mechanism within the planning process for objectors to appeal.

I'm happy to be put right if any of that's wrong.

If there are no objections (most applications) these are usually decided by officers under delegated authority; if there are a large number of objections, or a parish council or local borough councillor objects, it cones to committee for a decision.

Don't forget the Lib Dems too Fugs... they said they oppose it too a while back (although they sometimes do go quiet and change their minds on things when they think there may be a political point to gain IF an application gets passed by an opposing party leadership... not being cynical or owt just saying from past experiences and things noted'

Lib Dems Hit Out over Peel Hall

Btw, you can see all the objections recorded so far from here:

http://planning.warrington.gov.uk/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappcriteria.display

Enter "2012/20610" into the search box, then open by clicking on the same reference number. Click on "view plans" and this opens another screen with a list of documents. Think the first one or two are the application itself, then there's some feedback forms from the sessions at St Bridgets and the Town Centre, then there's some objections. Double click to see, but you may need to get browser/Adobe updates first or it will be a bit clunky.

Often wondered about the fact that all objections have to be in so early and that can be seen before the decision night as it gives the applicant, planning dept and the likes a good few months to counteract any objections from the public and yet the public don't really get to another chance to object to their comments in return.

Well they sort of can do but not as much :wink:

Yeah, if I was one of those tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy nutjobs, I might think that the planning processes had been designed to favour developers.

Anyway, a good turn out at Cinnamon Brow Farm last night with a good number of objections collected.

Tomorrow is the objection deadline, so do your best to get yours in if you haven't already.

<removes tinfoil hat>

Yeah, if I was one of those tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy nutjobs, I might think that the planning processes had been designed to favour developers.

Just like the criminal justice system favours most criminals when it comes to repeated appeals!!!

• 3 months later...