News of the World Closes Down

Bazj

Murdoch has pulled the plug on the News of The World and this Sundays copy will be the last.....

The ginger minger Rebecca Brooks is still in her highly paid job however and is being slagged off by the 200 people who will lose their jobs as a result of her not falling on the proverbial sword!

GOOD... Next stage get rid of all the scum reporters, bosses and everyone else who must have know how the 'paper' was obtaining some of it's info !!! :evil:

Call me cynical but to me this is just a way of Murdoch and his cronies saving face after all their deal to take over Sky was looking like it was on it's way out too along with everything else they own or are into.

What other option did they really have with more revelations emerging every day ?

So they 'unexpedtedly' (not really) close down production of this newspaper (for want of a better word)... with no mention of staff losses/redundancies etc in the report.... so presumably all the staff will still keep their jobs and work on another one of his papers, news ventures or maybe a new paper will they ?

As for all the revenue from the final issue sale on Sunday being given to "good causes" well I doubt many people would have bought a copy so they would have all had to be thrown away anyway !!

Maybe they should donate all the revenue they have received from every paper sold during the years of illegal phone hacking and the likes to these good causes instead...

SICK SICK SICK !!!!! and that is my final word and nothing they do or say will change that :evil:

The route of the problem appears to be that 99% of the staff there now were not around when all this was going on. One of the few people who was there, and will still be employed by News Corporation, is Rebekah Brooks, who was Editor at the time. Seems to me that the innocent have been punished and the guilty are getting away with it........so far.

thesunonsunday.co.uk was registered as a domain name on July 5 by a company called Media Spring. :D

Yeah like Murdoch or another big company would use 123reg/webfusion to buy a domain name and not pay for whois privacy :lol:

Probably one of their staff hoping to sell it back to them as Media Springs website is just a blank page with a name across it too ha ha :wink:

I shall be watching which papers I buy in the future though.. I wonder how many others have hacked but not been caught yet (allegidely of course) :twisted:

:lol::lol: Yep which is why the domain name owner and address is not shown... and I have no idea why I typed that other than it's been a very long day :oops::blink:

In all fairness though we used to have WHOIS privacy on some of ours when we first registered them... but don't bother now. If it is just someone setting it up on the off chance then I don't blame them for protecting their identity... would you want Murdochs bods or others knocking on your door :wink:

Anyway back to the newspaper folding, the hacking claims and the fact that the people who were in their positions at the time and must have known what was 'allegidely' going on still seem to have their high or higher paid jobs :twisted:

Amazing - the biggest selling Sunday tabloid - gone!

Lets hope this is a lesson to others - people are sick and tired of the gutter press! :evil:

Don't think people are sick of the gutter press Gary as you say the NOTW was the biggest selling paper.

The country was really bothered about phone tapping when it was MPs and 'celebraties' who bring it on themselves. but when it became ordinary people many with tragic circumstances that's when the revolt really started.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely thrilled that The News of the World is closing, mores the pity that the rest don’t follow, if everyone had the same attitude to national newspapers that I have they would have been out of business years ago, what I am going say now has nothing to do with cost, we have not take delivery or bought on a regular basis a newspaper since the early 1970s’, my personal view is that the reporting in national newspapers with the odd exception is a distorted view of either the reporter’s or the editors political leaning most of the papers content more often than not are downright lies or at best distortion of the true facts, in times of national crisis they encourage by antagonism, strikers, demonstrators, terrorists and other groups to excessive hostility, they publicise the grief of families who have lost relatives in unfortunate circumstances, Hillsborough and Hysel stadium tragedies are but two examples, families who have lost loved ones in the armed forces are another example, they hound people to the point of suicide, they influence legal prosecutions, I could go on and on but this is developing into a rant. I hate the newspaper industry and the management that goes with it, I am however more tolerant of local newspaper and believe they play an important and valuable service in communication to the local populace.

Good rant Algy :wink:

Seem the ex editor who now works for Cameron and a head reporter are facing arrest (well according to the news anyway) and the current woman editor is keeping her job but has offered to resign twice.

I was rather harsh yesterday and like andygill has already said there may be a lot of people loosing their jobs now who have done nothing wrong other than to work for a lowlife well established newspaper company.

I guess those who do go will all get redundancy money though as it's not like the company has gone into administration mores the pitty :oops:

Murdoch's nothing if not a master of PR, this won't hurt him that much in the long term.

The staff at the News of the Screws are all sacrificial lambs, and Murdoch is hoping to look like he's cut the cancer out of NI,...whilst he continues to wield his malicious influence over the media, our government and the police.

Good rant Algy :wink:

Seem the ex editor who now works for Cameron and a head reporter are facing arrest (well according to the news anyway) and the current woman editor is keeping her job but has offered to resign twice.

I was rather harsh yesterday and like andygill has already said there may be a lot of people loosing their jobs now who have done nothing wrong other than to work for a lowlife well established newspaper company.

I guess those who do go will all get redundancy money though as it's not like the company has gone into administration mores the pitty :oops:

Interesting situation. Aren't they entitled by law to 90 days notice?

I agree with Algy. I know LtKije likes to imagine that my opinions are formed by the popular press and the TV news, but actually the only time I buy a newspaper is to do the crossword in the pub, the rest of it is usually dross anyway. :wink::wink::wink: