Creamfields

wolfie

No go ahead for 2 day Creamfields in August yet - they have not made their formal licence application and 'cos some 60% of the concert area is in Daresbury rather than Walton Parish the licence hearing is in Halton and they get the four figure licence application fee - last year Cream worded their application in such a way that if accepted they would have a licence for any time of year for evermore - unfortuately Police spotted this and Chairman of Licensing Committee advised applicant to amend wording which they did - had the application been dealt with as it originally stood then on Police objections the licence would not have been granted which just goes to show how anxious Halton Council is to have Creamfields Concert and the excuse for this year's 2 day event is that it will celebrate 10 Years of the event - last two in Daresbury/Walton. Geoff suggests the 'music' is to his liking but have you been to a Cream concert or lived near the area and tried to sleep through the constant thud..thud..thud... no wonder local residents are all offered 4 freebies per household and/or ?500 to spend the weekend away !! 8)8)

This years two day event will have a camp site ~ all night music ~ no private external security and no compensation for the residents apart from their 4 free tickets. As there was no trouble last year ???? there will be none this year !

So the yobs that attend these gigs can do what they want outside the ground, are the police going to provide all the extra security? I think not. Even with 17%

Well I for one am quite looking forward to this years event. I understand that there is an inconvenience to those living close by the site, but think about the revenue that the town gets from this event. The last event spread into the town centre with a type of carnival atmosphere emerging from the party goers have a fun, controlled time around the skittles on their way through the centre of town to the site at Daresbury.

Yes Davy G, tickets have been on sale in advance of getting in the licence application - same has happened over the last two years for Daresbury/Walton venue but having been a 'spectator' at both licence application meetings at Halton Town Hall there was obviously a "done deal" so hey, why bother about selling tickets in advance and having all of that dosh from Joe Public earning 6% plus for say 6 months - may amount to enough to pay Lord Darebury and Squire Bennett several grand for use of their green and pleasant land and ticket receipts could always be returned if the unthinkable happened and Police said they hadn't enough man power to deal with a traffic plan!.Maybe I sound bitter and perhaps I am when anyone living in this part of the world and denied enjoyment of it over August Bank Holiday weekend and earlier and later (venue construction and dismantling) knows full well that there is a much more suitable venue at Aintree Race Course of which his Lordship is Chairman. 8)8)

• 3 weeks later...

In General - Has Creamfields really caused that much trouble in the area? The roads were well planned, and there was very little traffic delay. There was no major trouble, nothing more than you would find on Bridge Street on a Friday/Saturday night. And the sound wasn't all that loud. You couldn't even hear it stood on the A56! And with the music being turned down at dusk how can you complain? Its 2 Days out of 366, you can still leave your homes and go about your own business as usual - So whats the problem? If anything it has its benefits, putting Walton, Daresbury on the Map, at the same time providing diversification for the land owners, i'm sure if it was on your land you wouldn't complain? Either way we will hear the outcome of the application soon!

Originally posted by little fella:

apart from their 4 free tickets.

Understand because it is a 2 day event, it has gone up to 8 tickets...and there will be private security.

Any queries regarding security, resident relations etc should be addressed to the following person, who I have found to be most helpful:

Carl Burleigh

Licensee

Cream Group

1-3 Parr Street

Wolstenholme Square

Liverpool, L1 4JJ

Tel: 0151 707 1309

it seems, people having a good time for 2 days out of the 365 we have each year proves too much for the average stick in the mud to handle.

I say to these people....get a grip !!!

so what if its noisy, so what iof its inconvieniant, its not like living next to a football statdium, its not like the poor residents neer the wolves ground, disrupted parking etc every week.

the other 363 days, you have a peaceful tranquil feild to keep you company.

Im sure anyone that close that had half a witt could actualy make a good profit from supplying something to needy the crowd...I know I would.

stock up on, cans of pop, unbrellas from the pound shop, cagools (never wrote that word before hos it spelled ?) bacon butties, jesus, I could make ?5k on that weekend given half the chance.

There will be plenty of council officials there to stop you trading. My friend is not short of money and has no need to do that. Paying band H rates at ?2500 they do not like people have sex in their garden, using the garden as a toilet, dumping beer cans and rubbish. As well as the noise of crap music. It maybe some peoples idea of fun and a good time but not everyone's. They work hard all week and just like to enjoy their garden at the weekend. He was assaulted last year for telling a couple to get out of his garden. With the police too busy in the ground and a security guard whose attitude was like yours saying its only one day. With the thought of two days he would like to go away but the house would not be safe and he would only have to face the damage when he got back. What he needs are some American cops who will shoot anyone who steps over the fence. I said I would stop and guard the place with a 50,000 volt cattle prod and a cattle electric fence around the garden.

Make my day punk.

Trading standards and enviroment heath are not interested in peoples behaviour, and when you ring the police they called three days after the event to take a report and guess what the people had gone. We have to accept that it is all sown up and people dont matter. I told him to go to a military surplus store and buy a wide range frequency jammer that would black out all the radio microphones. That would ruin the show and he could get his own enjoyment.

Billed as one of 'Pool's Cap of Culture(!!) events so why not take it back to the city where it started ?? Aintree racecourse far more suitable with proper parking and road connections. Organisers and landowners give nothing to local charities, unlike the founder of Glastonbury who makes half a million and gives the same amount to charities - what a contrast.

8)8)

Public and Parish Councillors from Walton, Daresbury, Hatton, Stretton and Appleton met with event organiser Jim King and Police last night and bombarded Jim with views and questions based upon local residents' bad experiences over Creamfields 1 and 2 in Walton/Dresbury. Serious reservations expresed over extension this year into a two or arguably a three day event and provision of camping for up to 20,000 revellers - one individual suggested the area allocated for camping would not be enough for 20,000 freerange hens and queried whether account had been taken of the campers being horizontal overnight :oops: Meeting twice became chaotic when members of the Bennett farming family interrupted and begged sympathy for "poor farmers" :(

Having read this week's local rag it would seem that their reporter must have left half way through the meeting - must have had a deadline to meet !! No mention of Bennett family members being shouted down after twice interrupting the meeting - or landlord of Daresbury Ringobells pub complaint over having to close pub last year and send staff home unpaid 'cos of limited road access to pub and no customers, or Daresbury Vicar's concern over a wedding scheduled for Sat afternoon this year or public concern over linited camping area for 20000 campers - maybe the report was sent to the paper by Creamfields, press officer ??