Warrington, Merseyside

wolfie

Newton-Le-Willows comes under the Borough of St Helens.... and St Helens is classed as Merseyside.... allegidely :unsure:

However N-L-W is only 5 miles away from Warr so it is understandable to put Warr in an address otherwise people may think it is in Liverpool.. and also search engines will find it better if people google and think N-L-W in Warington like I thought. :unsure::oops:

However N-L-W is only 5 miles away from Warr so it is understandable to put Warr in an address

Does that mean that people in Widnes and Runcorn should add Warrington to the address because they are less than 5 miles away? :| and vice versa of course.

• Upvote 1

Historically Warrington was an inland port and a town with the first bridge crossing the banks of the River Mersey when Liverpool was a a mere farming and fishing village, I would say Warringtonian's were the first true Merseysider's. :wink:

The important thing, of course, is postal address. Not where a place actually is. I suspect Newton-le-Willows has a Merseyside postal address.

People are often economical with the truth when it comes to addresses. I went to look a house once, which was advertised as being in Culcheth, only to find it was actually in Lowton.

Businesses in Wilderspool Causeway frequently say they are in Stockton Heath, when in fact they are in Warrington.

People in Stockport and Altrincham say they are in Cheshire (and, indeed they have a Cheshire postal address) but in fact they are in Greater Manchester.

Lot of snobbery about it in my opinion.

I think any company advertising its services should firstly be truthful and secondly be accurate.

Getting an address wrong is not very professional to say the least. :roll:

Not professional...not truthful... goog grief Wolfie did you not actualy take any notice of their impressive website or services at all or did you just zoom in on the tiny little address at the bottom before.

It's not like they are in India but pretending to be in Warrington is it :roll::lol:

I tell you what I bet your moan is boosting their website hits though.. :D

When Shell opened their office in Wythenshawe, they didn't call it Withenshawe, they called it something else....but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. I'll ask the father in law next time I see him! but I believe that was to do with the perception at the time that Withenshawe was a bit rough...... it was an accurate perception of course, but they do now call it Withenshawe so their opinions must have softened over the years!

My dear Dizzy...... one doesn't "live" in Stockton Heath...... people "live" in Dallam and Bewsey...........One "resides" in Stockton Heath :D

Nice one Baz, there's a secret campaign being instigated on the South side of the MSC to have passport control boxes installed at each bridge point over the canal. :wink:

The thing I find very clever about stockton heath is the way they manage to slow the traffic right down so that the drivers can have time to window shop. :|

One advantage of newton le willows being a part of merseyside is that anybody with an all zone travel pass for the merseyside area can travel to Warrington from liverpool on the train for about £3.70 RETURN, as they only have to pay for the journey from newton le willows to Warrington.

I think any company advertising its services should firstly be truthful and secondly be accurate.

Getting an address wrong is not very professional to say the least. :roll:

Aren't Man Ure in Trafford and not Manchester? :wink:

Not professional...not truthful... goog grief Wolfie did you not actualy take any notice of their impressive website or services at all or did you just zoom in on the tiny little address at the bottom before.

It's not like they are in India but pretending to be in Warrington is it :roll::lol:

Last time I phoned Vodaphone in Warrington I spoke to some chap in India. :wink::roll:

• Upvote 1