Competative Tendering?

observer

The last Labour Gov drew up a tender process for the new high speed rail carriages, which appears to have neglected to consider social and economic interests. The result, the tender went to a German Company, rather than Bombardier of Derby, thus we'll now see British workers and suppliers made redundant, with the loss of their taxes and spending power and their need for dole payments. So I guess, when Gordie said "British jobs for British workers" - he didn't really mean it? :evil: :evil:

Surely it is not beyond the means of the current government to have reviewed and amended the tender?

If they did not, this is surely complete crass action by an inept civil service?

It is time somebody paid for such uselessness by losing their job.

That's the obvious initial thought Wahl, but once the tender specs had been laid down, it commited the Gov to apply them in the interests of legality. My point would be that ALL Gov and Local Gov tenders should include a national or local social and economic dimension, in order to properly assess value for money. :shock: :shock:

I thought that the idea of putting things out to tender was to get the cheapest price for a set standard of goods.

So if they had picked the more expensive British company, would there not be complaints about that cost and no doubt calls for an enquiry into the choice made.

It is this administration blaming the last, and the last one saying it is not so. Do you believe what this administration are saying, I do not. They could have gone for the cheapest option and just be blaming the last Labour government.

To be honest I think both are lying.

So it's the Press giving half a tale again then eh ? ...

They said on the news last night that the trains will be physically made in Germany and not over here and that all jobs at Bombardier will go along with many others from it's many supplier companies. I must remember to tell my other half waht you just said Eagle as he was ranting like a mad man last night when the news was on(he must get it off me) :unsure:

I presume the Hebburn factory already has a capable and experiences workforce though otherwise Siemens would not have got the contract so probably 'no vacancies' on their doors too just like most other UK based buisnesses these days.

You must have watched the same news story as me Diz, which said the contract would go to Siemans IN GERMANY. Sid, think you have to look at value to the tax payer in the round - Bombadier workers on the dole, suppliers going bust, all costs OUR economy money in the long run - much more preferable to keep them in a job, paying taxes and spending in the high street. :roll:

The Uk is in Europe Peter :!: :!: :!:

Not quite sure what you were fishing for Peter on that one, or were you just trying to light the touch paper and let the euro skeptics wade in as you stood back :wink:

Anyway I thought you would have agreed with the decision you being a Tory an-all :wink: The tax payer has saved money :!: :!: :!:

Oooh I thought they were a UK train building company but they aren't......

They (Bombardier) are a huge worldwide company and have 59 production and engineering sites and 20 service centres in 25 countries.

So really them getting the contract is pretty much the same as Seimens getting it as neither are really UK or 'local' are they Edward :wink:

I'm not wrong Peter, I cannot help it if your in denial, :wink:

So where do you stand on the decision, I would rather Bombardier got it as my company do work their and at their Crewe works.

You haven't a clue about my politics, So YOU are WRONG!!!!!

The company who will give work to UK employees should get the work.

And the last time I looked at a map, the UK was an Island, therefore NOT part of Europe.

The UK has always been part of Europe Peter

As to your polatics, :lol: You are not of the left or a liberal :wink:

Heres a list of Countries in Europe, Note it is not an Eu member state list, Ireland and Iceland are also on the list and like us are surrounded by water :wink:

A

Albania

Andorra

Armenia

Austria

Azerbaijan

B

Belarus

Belgium

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Bulgaria

C

Croatia

Cyprus

Czech Republic

D

Denmark

E

Estonia

F

Finland

France

G

Georgia

Germany

Greece

H

Hungary

I

Iceland

Ireland

Italy

K

Kosovo

L

Latvia

Liechtenstein

Lithuania

Luxembourg

M

Macedonia

Malta

Moldova

Monaco

Montenegro

N

The Netherlands

Norway

P

Poland

Portugal

R

Romania

Russia

S

San Marino

Serbia

Slovakia

Slovenia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

T

Turkey

U

Ukraine

United Kingdom

V

Vatican City (Holy See)

Lt Kije,

I criticise when the topic demands it. My Labour friends think I vote Labour, my Lib-Dem friends think I vote Lib-Dem and my Tory friends think I vote Tory.

I am critical of anyone in office, as they set themselves up to do a job. most politicians fail very early on.

The present incumbents are jumping in feet first with apparently very little thought of the consequences.

But there are not any juicy topics for me to shoot them down.

There's not much difference between any of the parties as they all seem bereft of ideas.

But maybe there is hope and a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, as some of the top Tories are talking us out of the EU. :D :grin: :D