Stockton Heath shooting incident

mike_b

I drove up London Road from the Swing Bridge at approx 5pm tonight. There was a police car outside Sarah Siddons facing up the road and several policemen standing around a woman who was lying face down on the pavement with her hands fastened behind her back.

There was no ambulance in attendance either then, or about 10 minutes later when the woman was by then sat leaning against the planter, still surrounded by the police.

I truly hope no-one was injured, and that it was something that never happens again.

Originally posted by Peter:

Come on Dismayed. You should be telling us, it's your neck of the woods. :wink:

It wasn't me if that's what you mean :P:P

Did see a police car flying towards SH just after 5... (foot to the floor job)... and there was an ambulance outside Sara Siddons 5.40 ish but with no driver etc.. at the time I just thought thought someone had collapsed or something :o

Makes you wonder if you are safe anywhere these days eh.. day or night :o

How scarey :o:o

Originally posted by harry hayes:

Because we are innocent until proved guilty I guess.

Happy days

But as the woman was carrying a gun she is already GUILTY of 'having a firearm in a public place.'

Wether she intended on actually using it though is a different matter... :o

I'm impressed with the bravery of the officers who tackled her though... In the same situation I think I would have run the other way :o

Dismayed

Have you any idea how hard it is to hit a small target like and arm? even from 5 meters you will be lucky to hit the arm maybe 1 in 100.

If you are going to use a firearm then you aim for the body,thats how we were taught and the US are the same..

Remember a firearm is the last resort but if your going to use it then you must make sure the person you are aiming at is put out of commission with the first round fired..

She is very very lucky, in this day and age if i were an armed Policeman i would not of taken any chances and would used my Firearm..

Steve

Originally posted by Steve the original:

Dismayed

Have you any idea how hard it is to hit a small target like and arm? even from 5 meters you will be lucky to hit the arm maybe 1 in 100.

If you are going to use a firearm then you aim for the body,thats how we were taught and the US are the same..

Remember a firearm is the last resort but if your going to use it then you must make sure the person you are aiming at is put out of commission with the first round fired..

She is very very lucky, in this day and age if i were an armed Policeman i would not of taken any chances and would used my Firearm..

Steve

John Wayne never missed. :P

Originally posted by Steve the original:

Dismayed

Steve

Hi Steve

Never fired a real gun so didn't reaslise that it's not as easy to hit a small target as it looks on the TV...I just presumed that all firearm bods were trained to do that sorry !

As for your comment that in similar circumstances you may not have taken any chances and would have used your firearm... I would do the same.. but I would certainly have missed OOPS ! :D

Dismayed

If you ever get the chance have a go, i can hit a mansized target at 25 meters(handgun) but thats a body hit,hitting a small target is hard a hell to do even at 10 meters,more so if the adrenelin i pumping.

Try hitting a dartboard with a dart at 15 feet that should give you an idea at how hard it it is,in Hollywood anything is possible.

Steve

[ 06.02.2008, 20:26: Message edited by: Steve the original ]