Have a go?

IMO it is a good deterrent. Like anything else, it guarantees nothing. However, armed with the knowledge that I have rights and can defend my home, it would make it easier top carry out what was necessary without having to analyse the situation first. Unless I invite someone in, I suggest that people keep out. Doing a Task Analysis whilst being burgled is NOT going to solve anything.

Calling 999 is a waste of time (unless you say you have a gun) as by the time they arrived two days later the burglar would be working the next street.

Dizz you are sooo! right, even at my age I would protect my own to the extreme, in my previous reply I was stating what I believed to be a common sense reaction to an extreme situation. At one time if I had heard someone trying to break into my or a neighbors vehicle during the hours of darkness I would have been out in a flash, today, under no circumstances would I open the door and challenge anyone, in this day and age they would more than likely be carrying a knife and probably drugged up to the eyeballs and quite prepared to use the weapon they are carrying.

With that little rant I wish you good night and sweet dreams. :wink: