Have a go?

With the age of austerity predicted to see a rise in crime, coupled with cuts in police resources, will we see some intervention by the great British public? Seems we now have license to stab a burgler who enters our home, but what of the chaves who terrorise the streets? Two teenage GIRLS have been issued with control orders for terrorising neighbours; but one 40 yo male (who refused to be identified on TV) wimpishly complained that these girls had thrown stones and broken his window. Now, I wonder if Ken Clark will legitmise the act of breaking the legs of such young thugs with a baseball bat or will we just carry on cowering inside our bubbles?

A nice aluminium bat is probably your best bet. That way If you ever have to get rid in a hurry you can drop it in the nearest recycling bin. Would also suggest keeping it somewhere that you will not shed hairs onto it and only handle it with latex gloves. Would also suggest investing in a baseball outfit. Best way of being able to carry a baseball bat without raising too much suspicion. :unsure:

addendum the latex gloves will not only prevent you leaving finger prints but ensure that you do not lose your grip if the handle gets coated with some sort of lubrication. :ph34r:

Who me ?

From the box where you are typing your reply/comment click the little yellow smilie on the bar above the text writing box. If you can't see the smilie then you may have to click 'use full editor' to the right of the post button at the bottom but you should be able to see it.

Once you click on the smilie it then opens the full range of smilie images available in a drop down box on the right. Click the one you want and hey presto.

If you didn't mean me then ignore all that. :lol::oops:

A nice aluminium bat is probably your best bet. That way If you ever have to get rid in a hurry you can drop it in the nearest recycling bin. Would also suggest keeping it somewhere that you will not shed hairs onto it and only handle it with latex gloves. Would also suggest investing in a baseball outfit. Best way of being able to carry a baseball bat without raising too much suspicion. :unsure:

addendum the latex gloves will not only prevent you leaving finger prints but ensure that you do not lose your grip if the handle gets coated with some sort of lubrication. :ph34r:

Thank god it isn't just me who has it all worked out... :wink:

I'm scared of setting foot outside the door incase I bump into any of 'them' above :shock::unsure: Would they be wearing Warr WW sporting tee-shirts too as well as their latex gloves and baseball bats ??

PeterT you are now on your own smiley-scared007.gif

I think you'll be fine Dizzy. There is a world of difference between saying and doing and anyone likely to take the law into his/her own hands would surely not be dense enough to explain in graphic detail how they would go about it online. At least I hope not.

stupid.gif

.....anyone likely to take the law into his/her own hands would surely not be dense enough to explain in graphic detail how they would go about it online. stupid.gif

Maybe but they also know that people would think that hence why they say it.. my other half watches CSI too so I tend to hear bits. I think he's trying to plan the perfect crime on me so he can use the pc more :shock:

Anywas like you say I should be ok as I have done Karate and Judo, we also have a Japanese bamboo fighting stick in the house and also some nunchucks (Nunchaku ).

And a rotwieler, a mongrel and two base ball bats and a mit. Ok so we've not really got a rotty but it sounded good :oops::D

Once tried origami myself but it was very hard to master.... hat off to you 'Sensei Baz'.

Anyway we seem to be making light of the whole 'your rights against intruders' saga so back to the serious side I guess (for a minute or so).

If scum bags (no other way to describe them) know that they could get a thumping if they enter your propertly uninvited then aren't they more likely to carry items which could be used self defence?

A rather a frightening report on the local warr ww home page news today. So faced with a similar awful incident would you feel any safer knowing that 'if' you wacked them you may not face charges?

It doesn't actually make me feel any safer that's for sure.

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/10958/1/Armed-raiders-target-house/Page1.html

It's ok to have a baseball bat to hand but would you use it without taking time to think about the consequences, if Bill the burglar is in your house he is already pumped up and aggressive with adrenalin, his level of awareness will be many times that of yours especially if it is the middle of the night and you have just woken from a deep sleep, if you falter for a split second it's possible that he may reverse the situation and take your baseball bat or other weapon of you and you may be the poor wretch who at best receives a beating, don't forget we are not all big lads built like a brick outhouse and age also comes into the equation.

'Your rights against an intruder' is only of any benefit if you are up to the task in hand, if you are a woman on your own, an older person or not particularly fit then in my opinion your best weapon to hand is your mobile or house phone to ring 999 then say a quick prayer that 'plod' arrives quickly.

I guess you are right Algy and don't 'think' that if I was faced with an intruder I could actually hit them with a bat or other implement, I think I'd hide and dial 999. But then again thankfully I have never been in that sort of situation not do I ever want to be so I do not really know how I would feel or react.

I guess it depends on the situation but what I do know is that if anyone broke into our home and my son was in OBVIOUS and IMMEDIATE danger then I woudn't think twice about lashing out :shock:

Would I finish up the victim... no idea... but when when your loved ones lives are in danger how could you not do anything.

If they just wanted goods though I'd simply say take them all.... and goodnight.

Oooh I wont sleep tonight now .