New Forum question-

algy

Probably show myself up here but what does this mean when uploading an attachment -

<Used 339.3K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 160.7K>

This is not an attack or critisism of Dizzy but The size of the sky pictures on her local sky post surely must have exceeded the figure quoted.

Probably show myself up here but what does this mean when uploading an attachment -

<Used 339.3K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 160.7K>

This is not an attack or critisism of Dizzy but The size of the sky pictures on her local sky post shurely must have exceeded the figure quoted.

Algy you are not showing yourself up just speaking a foreign language! :blink:

Algy you are not showing yourself up just speaking a foreign language! :blink:

Garry, I shall start again,

When one selects "Reply" at the bottom of the page and to the right of the "Attach This File "Box" there is a line of text displayed stating-

Used 339.3K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 160.7K)

This I assume will alter depending on the size and amount of graphic files uploaded by any one individual, what I would like to know is, is there a cap on what is uploaded for display on the page in one day or one week or whatever. My reference to Dizzy's post refered to the amount and size of the photographs of the sky/clouds she had uploaded to her post, again I wish to emphasise that this is not a personal attack on Dizzy I just wish to know if I am uploading correctly or not. I also tried using the "advance uploader" without success. :?

Hiya Algy

My pics are all around dimensions if 640x480 and 480x640 with file sizes of between 50kb and 76 kb (ish) ......that is sort of irrelevant though but I thought I'd tell you anyway :oops:

REASON .... I didn't use the upload/attach file option :wink:

My pictures were added using the old way ie by using the 'image' link straight from my photobucket account so in effect they are not really uploaded as such onto here as they are still hosted via photobucket. If I delete or move my photo from PB it will simply disappear off here.

Obviously that doesn't really answer your questions but at least it answers the one about my photos.

It may work like Flickr (remember our short lived photo club) we all had a monthly limit on there for uploading our photos as we were using free accounts... maybe not though. I might have to have a play with it now :D

Garry, I shall start again,

When one selects "Reply" at the bottom of the page and to the right of the "Attach This File "Box" there is a line of text displayed stating-

Used 339.3K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 160.7K)

This I assume will alter depending on the size and amount of graphic files uploaded by any one individual, what I would like to know is, is there a cap on what is uploaded for display on the page in one day or one week or whatever. My reference to Dizzy's post refered to the amount and size of the photographs of the sky/clouds she had uploaded to her post, again I wish to emphasise that this is not a personal attack on Dizzy I just wish to know if I am uploading correctly or not. I also tried using the "advance uploader" without success. :?

Each member has a limit on how much they can upload onto the servere otherwise we could end up spending a fortune on hosting fees.

So it is best to do what Dizzy is doing - she is a good girl B)