Compact Camera users this may be of interest to you

algy

Bought my Lumix compact camera last year and I am very impressed with the performance, the only problem I have with it is that like many compact cameras there is no facility for connecting a shutter release cable, consequently while taking shots using the digital lens on a tripod you produce camera shake resulting in a less than sharp image, yes you can use the self timer but your if your subject matter has moved – spoiled shot!. I searched the web for some sort of adapter/bracket to enable a shutter release cable to be attached and came up with this chappie which I purchased. It came yesterday and it is brilliant. The photo doesn’t do it justice, unusually it is produced in the UK in Dunstable and beautifully engineered at a reasonable price of £19-95p + postage. It has cured the problem.

(The cable is not included)

Without wanting to sound daft (ok so I thought it was a joke at first :oops: ) how does the little 'thingy' attach to the actual camera so that it can press the shoot button down. It says you attach it to the tripod screw but does it attach somewhere else too?

Also can you still half press the button to focus before fully pressing the shoot button with this gadget.

Daft questions probably but if you don't ask you never know :unsure:

Without wanting to sound daft (ok so I thought it was a joke at first :oops: ) how does the little 'thingy' attach to the actual camera so that it can press the shoot button down. It says you attach it to the tripod screw but does it attach somewhere else too?

Also can you still half press the button to focus before fully pressing the shoot button with this gadget.

Daft questions probably but if you don't ask you never know :unsure:

Dizz, this may explain (pictorially) how the attachment works and yes the cable is sensitive enough to press the button half way own to focus also you will be watching the back display and can see when the camera has focussed.

Camerashutterreleasebrkt.jpg