Forum Search facility

Dizzy

Does the forum search facility work for anyone.

When I try it I keep getting the message

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

I also get another message if I enter search strings which do not contain enough characters such as 'car insurance'

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

May be just me as no-one else has mentioned it :oops:

The one on the read header bar on the news page works fine but that is obscured on the forum pages by my dark blue profile box so I have been using the search facility box under that.

I fixed my fuzzy stretched avatar though Gary without asking before you tease me again (I just copied the URL code in my profile , deleted my avatar, and pasted the exact same code back again code and it worked ... simples :P:D

Ta

Very rarely use the search thing and not tried it today.

Funnily enough though, I was looking at some old stuff a few days ago (gave me a good giggle), so still had the url in my history. I got the "page not found" message when I clicked on it, so maybe some stuff has disappeared.

Phew I thought it was just me being stupid again.

I hope a lot of the old stuff hasn't been delete though as I often looked back for reference :shock:

Fugs... you've given me an idea and I try to google and find the topic, cheers :)

:(

I googled and it finds the old ones but no links work anymore ....

BUT the google search results also don't work for many of the recent topics that I know are still there though such as , car insurance, immigration, save sankey valley park, 20's plenty etc :(

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

Suggestions:

•Go to warrington-­worldwide.­co.­uk

Some do have cached pages if you click the 'cached' option but they are from the beginning of June and only show a screen snap-shot of the one page. Guess we'll just have to wait for google to catch up and re-cache them all so the current forum search page links start to work again. Do they do that on things that dont change ??

I'll be gutted if certain old topics have gone for good though :(

But on a PLUS note... Google can find my WWW Strange Sky new post and it works and it can find all other NEW topics that have been added to the new forum too :D

Update....(thanks to Gary and others)

The SEARCH FACILITY on the forum pages now WORKS.

Various search options are available and it's very handy.

Yippe I can find what I was looking for now. :D

I recon your the only one who uses it :unsure::roll:

So yet again I find myself being unique again then :D

.....their loss and it's suprising what you can find out about when you search :wink:

Pitty it doesn't go back further though as a lot has now gone missing... what on earth will I do now :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

The search facility seems to be not working again (or is it just me?)

Since yesterday I have been getting the message ....

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

I'm trying to find a post from a week or so ago and I can't remember where it was.

Baz/Algy if you are reading .... where was the one 'Toft' one can you remember and point me in the right direction please ?

Saying that 'Toft' only has 4 letters so it wouldn't have allowed me to search for that anyway (THAT IS ANNOYING)... but I could have searched for 'bakery' though :lol:

That’s an easy one, it’s just a broken database. What you need to do is to inform the system administrator then go and put the kettle on, because that’s probably what they’ll do. :roll:

About an hour later when they’ve drunk their tea and finished watching cash in the attic, they click the database repair button then ring you back and tell you to try it now and Bob's your uncle they’ve fixed it. :D

Bill :)

There is no solution to the problem Baz... please search for something else and stop being awkward :P:lol:

Gary has also modified the search criteria rules to allow words of 3 characters to be used. We can now search for the likes of car tax or vat or dog or poo etc

Maybe he needs to drop it to allow 2 characters... so it can find the 'to' in yours and return a match :lol:

It's not perfect and there are limitations especially if you type in a few words as it looks for an exact match.. but hey it's a free forum and we can search and I bet there's only me that ever uses it anyway :lol:

Less is more Baz so just search for 'solution' (104 returned results) or 'problem' (102 returned results). Shouldn't take you too long to read through them all and find the answer if there is one :P