Decision time for King

Gary

Video interview now online

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/10884/1/Decision-time-for-King/Page1.html

Offers from two Aussie clubs for next season but still undecided! :shock:

Home sick wife, new baby, two offers on the table from Australia, two challenge cup medals already in the bank and probably a league winners mdeal and Grand Final swan swong ... what do you think? :huh:

Seems to me like he is more than likely going back to Oz.

Im sure he is sussing out all options and trying to extract the best possible deal from the club who he will be playing for next year.

If Warrington offer him a mega deal then he would be silly to turn it down given that it might be his last deal before retirement.

Whatever happens Im sure we all wish him well, after a dodgy start he has shown just how good a player he is aswell as being a top bloke too.

I'll eat my boots if he doesn't go back to Oz at the end of the season.Bondi Beach vs Ainsdale Beach ? I've been homesick myself and you've no idea just how bad it is until it happens to you. It's like being ill 24 hours a day. He wouldn't sign for another English club because it would be a step down after the mighty Wire.

I'll eat my boots if he doesn't go back to Oz at the end of the season.Bondi Beach vs Ainsdale Beach ? I've been homesick myself and you've no idea just how bad it is until it happens to you. It's like being ill 24 hours a day. He wouldn't sign for another English club because it would be a step down after the mighty Wire.

I really hope for your sake he goes :mrgreen:

040602_cbrown_mp_his_toy_boots_old.jpg

According to Sky, King has signed for South Sydney Rabbitohs for next season.

"Matt's had his time in England and he wants to come home," Souths chief executive Shane Richardson told Australia's Rugby League Week magazine.

At least we all know now so TS can get working on plan B, C, D............

According to Sky, King has signed for South Sydney Rabbitohs for next season.

"Matt's had his time in England and he wants to come home," Souths chief executive Shane Richardson told Australia's Rugby League Week magazine.

At least we all know now so TS can get working on plan B, C, D............

Still awaiting an official comment from the club - but...

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/10919/1/King-heading-home/Page1.html

It's just been on the national BBC News that he's going. Being realisitic it will free up a big chunk of the salary cap and shouldn't be too difficult to replace like with like and I would be amazed if Mr Smith hasn't already got a replacement lined up. I was one of the many would be volunteers to offer to run Matt to Manchester Airport for free in his first season but he eventually proved us all wrong...One person who won't be sad to see him go must be Kevin Penny who lost his place at the club mainly through Matt's rather eccentric centre play which left Kevin as the last defender against two and sometimes three attackers. Sense eventually prevailed and Matt played most of his games on the wing(or should that be *the edge* in modern parlance ? Thanks P Cullen.) Best of wishes to Matt and his young family and he goes with many thanks and the memories of us all.

At last, the official announcement from the club:-

Warrington Wolves can confirm that Matt King will be returning to Australia with his family at the end of this season.

Matt King

The centre made his Warrington debut back in February 2008 and has since become a fans-favourite both on the pitch and in the community,

Matt has currently made 95 appearances for the club including both Carnegie Challenge Cup finals at Wembley and has notched up 63 tries, none more spectacular than the touchdown scored last Friday night in the double-victory over St Helens.

Matt also celebrated the birth of his daughter Charlie earlier this month.

Matt said: "Without a doubt the option to stay here in England was quite an attractive one. Warrington is a club that at the moment is close to being, if not the best Rugby League club in the country. To leave was no easy decision but we do have a little baby girl who we have to think about now.

"It goes without saying what we want to achieve this year. To get back to Wembley for a third straight year would be absolutely wonderful and for us to finish on a positive note would be a fairytale for me but more importantly a fairytale for the ever loyal fans and that's what I'm focusing on.

"My time here in Warrington has been a rollercoaster. I've met some really special people during my time here in England including those fans who wait for me after every game. They're very dear to me and I'll always remember the fans for the support they've given me. So a big thank you."

Wolves Head of Coaching and Rugby Tony Smith added: "We wish Matt well and know he'll want to go out on the best possible note which is a sign of his character. He's been a fantastic influence on our club on and off the field for a number of years and it would be fitting for him to go out on a high. We would like to wish him and his family the very best for the future and respect his desire to move back to Australia."

At last, the official announcement from the club:-

Warrington Wolves can confirm that Matt King will be returning to Australia with his family at the end of this season.

Matt King

The centre made his Warrington debut back in February 2008 and has since become a fans-favourite both on the pitch and in the community,

Matt has currently made 95 appearances for the club including both Carnegie Challenge Cup finals at Wembley and has notched up 63 tries, none more spectacular than the touchdown scored last Friday night in the double-victory over St Helens.

Matt also celebrated the birth of his daughter Charlie earlier this month.

Matt said: "Without a doubt the option to stay here in England was quite an attractive one. Warrington is a club that at the moment is close to being, if not the best Rugby League club in the country. To leave was no easy decision but we do have a little baby girl who we have to think about now.

"It goes without saying what we want to achieve this year. To get back to Wembley for a third straight year would be absolutely wonderful and for us to finish on a positive note would be a fairytale for me but more importantly a fairytale for the ever loyal fans and that's what I'm focusing on.

"My time here in Warrington has been a rollercoaster. I've met some really special people during my time here in England including those fans who wait for me after every game. They're very dear to me and I'll always remember the fans for the support they've given me. So a big thank you."

Wolves Head of Coaching and Rugby Tony Smith added: "We wish Matt well and know he'll want to go out on the best possible note which is a sign of his character. He's been a fantastic influence on our club on and off the field for a number of years and it would be fitting for him to go out on a high. We would like to wish him and his family the very best for the future and respect his desire to move back to Australia."

Worst kept secret on both accounts

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/10929/1/Wolves-land-Waterhouse-and-bid-farewell-to-King/Page1.html