Thread to practice formatting on the New Look forum

fugtifino

OK, on the front page of WWW, under the heading "People's Discussion Forum", there is a thread called "new forum hooray".

When I click on this it takes me to page one, and I've got to click on page two to see the latest post. On the last board, clicking on the thread from the front page would have taken me to the page with the latest post.

All looks tons better btw, nice job.

OK, on the front page of WWW, under the heading "People's Discussion Forum", there is a thread called "new forum hooray".

When I click on this it takes me to page one, and I've got to click on page two to see the latest post. On the last board, clicking on the thread from the front page would have taken me to the page with the latest post.

All looks tons better btw, nice job.

The front page links still take me to the relevant threads on here - that's how it was before isn't it? :?

Fugs I never noticed it going to the last page of a topic from the main news page topic link.... but I guess it must have like you say as I never remember having to then click to the last page but you are right it must have done.

In a way though that is daft as any new people accessing chats from the main new page would be reading from the end of a topic rather than the beginning... although in the case of the 20mph and immigration topics that was a good thing <smiles_without_using_emoticons_just_for_you>

Your easiet way is to read the news then click the actual forum link on the left... that way you can read what you like and/or go straight to the last post of a topic bu pressing the little arrow on the right under 'last post info'

Don't know if it is still the same but previously not all new/updated topics were shown on the main news page listing anyway so you may have missed some.

The front page links still take me to the relevant threads on here

Yes, Gary, they always did, but with a thread with multiple pages the old board always took you to the last page, this one takes you to the first.

If there's anyone out there who understands what I'm saying and can express it in simpler terms, I'd be grateful if you could help out here.

The front page links still take me to the relevant threads on here

Yes, Gary, they always did, but with a thread with multiple pages the old board always took you to the last page, this one takes you to the first.

If there's anyone out there who understands what I'm saying and can express it in simpler terms, I'd be grateful if you could help out here.

I do understand what you are saying (now) but I actually think it is better that the link goes to the start of a thread so newcomers can follow and understand it.

I completely understand you Fugs and I've just been trying to see if there is a way to make it go to the last page.. not luck yet.

Your easiest way though is to do the following.

Ignore the main news page links (well not totally but you know what I mean)

Use the red 'FORUM' link on the left of the main news page.

When you go into the forum click 'View New Content' (its on the right near the little orange rss feed icon)

It then opens a new window with just the content (topics) since your last visit (you can set this in your profile to either show new content since last visit OR all content you haven't yet read)

From this new window click on the little topic post arrow on the right under 'post information' and it will take you to the last post/page for that topic.

Sounds a bit long winded but it;s not and it;s really quick.

Another good tip when you have 5 minutes to spare is to mark ALL forum sections are READ. That way when you next log in the folder icons are clear and it only shows newly updated topics.

Did any of that make any sense as I'm rushing......

From the box which apprears

Change is as good as a rest.... or so they say <wink>

At least by doing it the other way you wont miss out on some of the other chats that don't always appear on the front page... "yippee" I hear you say

The new forums definately a lot better and nicer than the old one though eh ?

Change is as good as a rest.... or so they say <wink>

At least by doing it the other way you wont miss out on some of the other chats that don't always appear on the front page... "yippee" I hear you say

The new forums definately a lot better and nicer than the old one though eh ?

Dizzy if you are happy I am happy.

Is it good enough to start charging yet? :rolleyes::lol:

Hi Algy

I noticed we seem to have lost that nice facility too (unless I just can't see it either)

Anyway it's still possible and really easy to do as you can type the code in manually.

So for example if you want your text Dizzy likes BLUE or and also RED

you manually type the code around the text you want ot appear in colour eg

Dizzy likes BLUE [ /quote] or and also RED[ /color]

WITHOUT ANY SPACES as I had to put those so you could see the code

and note the spelling COLOR (not colour)

Give it a go :wink:

There is a little brush icon at the right hand side of the text sizing box. click that select colour and type away.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks Sid - can you lend your glasses to Dizzy - I think she just stares into space most of the time instead of looking at all the features! :blink::rolleyes:

Dizzy I noticed you highlighted text in red on one of your replies, I can't see anywhere that this can be done perhaps you could explain :unsure:

Dizz, thanks for the explanation,

and

Sid, thanks for your explanation also Gary I have to admit I hadn't spotted the "Text Color" brush icon.

All is well for now. :wink:

:oops::lol: Nice comments again from you Gary... I'm counting and making note you know. I usualy just type the BB code manually anyway so it's a habit.

Errmm Evils (while gobby is not online) where is the little brush thingy as I still can't see it.

It's ok I can see it now I've cleaned my monitor and it's just behind my fuzzy patch where my pixels are slightly fading.

I really need to get a new monitor and some glasses as I thought it was just a little coloured squiggle to make the screen look nice.

I shall update my profile in a sec :rolleyes:

:oops::lol: Nice comments again from you Gary... I'm counting and making note you know. I usualy just type the BB code manually anyway so it's a habit.

Errmm Evils (while gobby is not online) where is the little brush thingy as I still can't see it.

Just clk on reply and it's at the top to the right of the 'Sizes' box.