Serious incident - Rylands street

Tilly

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacko, maybe the point observer was making was not who created an environment where crime was dealt with on a vigilante level, but that it reduced a level of crime that may have existed if it were not for the fear of kneeecapping.

The fact this "policing" was a PR pro from the murdering scum under the name of the IRA is irrelivant.

many of the methods used by the IRA for all sorts of things were viable methods for example they had some very good PR people, they had good fund raising methods.

Front page news today reports that the 19 year old lad who was mindlessley attacked in Rylands Street died yesterday. :(

Such a needless and uncomprehensible waste of yet another young life :(

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Getting back to the matter in hand, the young man involved in the Rylands Street incident sadly passed away last night.

I think I speak for everybody when I say that thoughts are with his family.

No matter how this country is policed. and no matter how many CCTV camera's there are one equation will still rule many

People + excess alcohol = violence and a lack of respect for anyone and anything.

If we had 100 bobbies walking Bridge Street every night, there would still be trouble.

The ONLY way to stop this is harsh prison terms. Get convicted for D&D - a week inside and a lifetime ban from the town centre.

Get convicted for a violent offence - a minimum of 6 months inside and a lifetime ban from the town centre.

With this hanging over people, it may make them think. If it doesn't, and they wish to behave in that way then face the consequences.

[ 03.03.2008, 09:24: Message edited by: MrPerfect ]

I find this most recent 'murder' an entirely different scenario than the Gary Newlove case.

This victim made a concious decision to be involved in this 'gang warfare'; whilst the family deserve our sympathy the victim was there by choice.....so I will ignore the soon to be reported "innocent victim " stories.

Whilst I agree to some extent, that it appears that this lad was involved in some sort of altercation it still does not get away from the fact that someone has lost their life as a result of drink.

I think it would be unfair to speculate on any of the circumstances surrounding this as none of us were there.

Originally posted by Eagle:

I find this most recent 'murder' an entirely different scenario than the Gary Newlove case.

This victim made a concious decision to be involved in this 'gang warfare'; whilst the family deserve our sympathy the victim was there by choice.....so I will ignore the soon to be reported "innocent victim " stories.

how on earth would you know that ?

were you there ?

As far as I know the situation surrounding this case has not been disclosed.

until the facts are disclosed you realy should keep your insensitive mouth shut.

if you read the article on the guardian website and read the comments of people who knew him it reveals a very likeable character.

and had you bothered to use your tiny little mind for one second your poor judgment might also conclude that Gary Newlove chose to confront these idiots from the safety of his home (not my criticism of Mr Newlove just of this eagles logic), whereas this lad may have simply been cuaght up, or equaly defending somone else against a violent attack...we just don't know yet.

you are simply assuming because he is young he was part of the instigation of violence.

[ 03.03.2008, 11:28: Message edited by: Legion ]

If the Police were available "in force" on our streets, this could have been nipped in the bud and perhaps a life saved. :roll: Agree with the point about booze, but who has increased the opening hours of the pubs/clubs and allowed the cheap sales from supermarkets? :roll:

Originally posted by Eagle:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Are you on a different planet or something :redmad:

Unless you were there and witnessed the whole thing what gives you the right to say that this young lad made a 'concious decision to be involved in gang warfare', I suspect you didn't know him so how can you comment?

I suggest you shut up, show some respect and switch your brain on before passing judgement and putting such heartless and low comments.

Originally posted by observer:

If the Police were available "in force" on our streets, this could have been nipped in the bud and perhaps a life saved. :roll:

Yes maybe that would be the case, but they were probably out looking for the missing 15 year old that goes missing every week (and is always found in a friends house), or going out to neighbour disputes cos Chantelle plays her music too loud and it upsets Britany in Longford.

Maybe if the police were allowed to provide a service to a) those that pay for it and B) those that deserve it, we wouldn't see this type of thing happening every week!

Strange how different people put a different interpretation on the same statement.

Police say a fight took place between two groups of men which left the 19-year-old injured.

and how the people who interpret that as

'this lad may have simply been caught up or possibly defending someone'

are the first to attack others who are just passing an opinion with statements like

use your tiny little mind, keep your insensitive mouth shut, shut up, show some respect and switch your brain on
:confused: :confused: :confused:

No doubt if someone gave them a smack in the mouth for such comments their defence would be

'I didn't deserve it, someone else said it and I was just passing at the time.'

The warning signs have been there and ignored for many, many years. First they took the discipline out of schools, then out of the home. They made sure that children knew their rights (for the right reason) but it wasn't reigned in and now they do what they like in the knowledge that they can't be touched.

Why has it taken this long for the Government to acknowledge that 24hr drinking was a mistake? I though it was obvious! We had a binge drinking problem BEFORE the law changed, how did they think it would help? More importantly, are they going to backtrack and do something about it?

Saying that Warrington is no worse than anywhere else doesn't make it acceptable. Up until a few years ago I didn't know anyone who had ever been in trouble with the police, been in jail or been harmed by crime. Now, this past year, two people I knew have been murdered. Their murderers went to school with my children. The man charged with this latest incident lived at the bottom of my street. Its all too close to home. Until someone takes power and has the guts to take control things are only going to spiral into further decline. There is no point in pouring money into extra police and CPSOs unless they have the authority to do the job. I'm not advocating beating people up! Cut the paperwork and get them on the streets. Centralisation hasn't worked - get the local bobbies back in the local stations. Stop and search - a breach of human rights or a way to get weapons, drugs and alcohol off the streets? Zero tolerance - misbehaviour should be punished swiftly. But if we do nothing? God help us.

My heart goes out to Ryan's family and friends at this sad time.

[ 03.03.2008, 17:19: Message edited by: milly ]