Coming to the UK -- a half-mile long woman's body

Well the answer to that is going to be us in some shape or form wherever the money comes from but if it?s helping to transform an eyesore into something more acceptable then I say we could have done a lot worse!

Went for a walk around a similar project (The Dream at Sutton Heath) just the other day and while I hear people ask what?s it all about? I just know it?s better than what was there before.

Bill :)

Well apparently it's not costing 'us' anything and I think it's a inventive and pretty good. :D

It's basically on wasteland and being made from the waste of the local coal mine.

It is costing ?2 million to create and it's being paid for by the Blagdon Estate and the Banks Group, without a single grant or Lottery handout.

When it?s finished the sculpture and the 30-acre site, including three man-made lakes will be given to a charitable trust.

Had to giggle at some of the nick names it;s getting already such as 'Slag Alice', 'Fat Slag' and 'Big Bird' :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004063/How-Charles-Jencks-turning-wasteland-Northumberlandia.html