Get ready for change

Gary

Just a warning to let you all know that the main site will be getting a fresh new look sometime tomorrow - so don't adjust your settings.

A couple of new features also being added to help integrate the site a little more with social media.

Next week we hope to be introducing a new forum as well! watch this space.

I don't know what enyone else thinks, but I find text on red backgrounds diffult to see, especially where the text is small or also in red. Sorry but I preferred the previous colour! :(

I've only just seen the new one properly tonight SL and I see what you mean... it's making my eyes water :oops:

My ad-blocker makes all advert boxes red too which has never bothered me ....... but now there's so much red on the main page I'm starting to feel like a bull :lol::lol:

I don't know what enyone else thinks, but I find text on red backgrounds diffult to see, especially where the text is small or also in red. Sorry but I preferred the previous colour! :(

I've only just seen the new one properly tonight SL and I see what you mean... it's making my eyes water :oops:

My ad-blocker makes all advert boxes red too which has never bothered me ....... but now there's so much red on the main page I'm starting to feel like a bull :lol::lol:

Switch your ad blocker off - if you don't support the advertisers how do you expect us to finance the site? :twisted:

Well that's me well and trully 'told' then eh Gary :?

If I'm the only one running an add blocker it's hardly going to affect your advertising sales is it and it doesn't mean by not seeing their ads I am chosing not to support the more local companies :roll:

Ad blocker being turned off fo 20 minutes while I am on here just for you and then it will probably have to go back on again. :?

The ad blocker that you can get for firefox can be set on or off for particular pages or websites. (it is set to off for this website, smarm smarm)

So if I do not want to have ads I set it to on for a website and that is it, my preferences are saved and i do not have to spend time turning it on and off.

I must say that at first I thought the change of colour a bit shocking to the eye but it is growing on me. a few more days and I will probably not even notice unless it is changed to day glow yellow :shock:8)8)

Now that sounds a better sort of adblocker Evils. I'm using Virgin media's security one so it's either on or off.

Most of the adverts on here don't actually bother me so I'd happily allow them as they just sit there quietly.... but I hate ones that always flash and are animated or pop up when reading or working... not good for the eyes and eye migraines :evil:

The red on the home page is not that bad now the adverts are showing rather than all my red boxes so I'll leave it off for a bit longer :wink::lol:

If the forum changes to red though I'm off :shock: ... at which point Gary contacts his web bods and demands as much red as possible on forum pages

:lol::lol: you know what I never even notice that :P

It's cute, only small and spins slowly and it has been proven that animations on the left of a screen are processed differently by the eyes and brain and do not cause interferance, distress or eye strain.... infact they actually have a claming effect. :wink:

I have changed my Kaspersky settings to allow banner ads for this site and it does improve the page display which had gone a bit wonky! But, can you change the colour of the text on the top button bar? - Quick links & Website search, as they can hardly be seen in red. I'm getting used to the red slowly but I still don't think it is as clear as previously, sorry!

SL did you do it specifically for this site and what exactly did you allow and how?

I've just been into the list of what Virgin automatically blocks and it's HUGE and there are so many different types of ad banners (amongst other things) that I have no idea which one to remove from the list :oops: There is no facility to allow a specific website either :cry: .

I don't want to just leave it disabled as its also allowing ALL the naff ones too now and there must be a way of doing it but I can't find it... YET :wink:

I have changed my Kaspersky settings to allow banner ads for this site and it does improve the page display which had gone a bit wonky! But, can you change the colour of the text on the top button bar? - Quick links & Website search, as they can hardly be seen in red. I'm getting used to the red slowly but I still don't think it is as clear as previously, sorry!

Did you know you can change your browser settings to view a website page any size you like?

....and did you know I still can't get just WWW's adverts to show :cry:

What are they done in Gary are they a type of banner or what ??

I'm trying my best here :?

A wide variety - the ones on the side are mainly just jpeg images - you are even misisng my TV advert guest appearance! :oops:

:lol: I saw it this morning via facebook/youtube and for anyone with their adblocker on... well worth switching it off for a while 8):wink:

I wonder why my adblocker is blocking your jpeg images then, there must be more to them than just being jpegs Gary otherwise they would show on the screen like all the other news images etc. Mmmmm I'm pondering again now and it;s starting to annoy me.....

I may contact Virgin and complain :wink:

....and did you know I still can't get just WWW's adverts to show :cry:

What are they done in Gary are they a type of banner or what ??

I'm trying my best here :?

A wide variety - the ones on the side are mainly just jpeg images - :oops:

They are not all jpeg images many are Gifs :wink: but that is now irelevant.... and I've now sussd it as I refused to give up and get beated by a bloody computer :lol:

For future reference..... I got the code to your adverts and they are stored in a subfolder on your server called /ads/ and that is what was being automatically blocked (ie the subfolder and not the jpegs or gifs) by Virgin Security's Ad Blocker in it's huge list of files, folders, names and websites :D

I can now see your adverts without allowing access to all the spammers (unless of course they are also using /ads/ ) in which case I will put it back again :lol: