Jump to content

Council's new logo poll


Gary
 Share

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Good job that 'we the voters' are all mindless morons with no memories or concept of what is really going on etc eh:D :D

 

Although the voters do sometimes make the wrong choice as to where they put their X. In Appleton they got it wrong in 2006 and are thankfully being given the opportunity again to get it right in 2007 :D:D:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by observer:

... and it seems it was worse than that; with our pompous and petulent Labourites walking out on the meeting! :P

I dont blame the Labour bods for walking out.

 

THREE hours to discuss such a simple thing as a logo... :roll:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Gary:

Our politicians should be ashamed of themselves - I wonder how much this meeting cost the council tax payer?

In fact I will ask the question.

Well said Gary :D ... look forward to hearing the answer you get from them (although I think we all have a pretty good idea what they'll say though eh :roll: )
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by observer:

Hang on Dismayed: "consult"? :P

Observer.....

 

Yes CONSULT.... which is why this has all blown up out of proportion ie PEOPLE (whether they be council bods or the more important public ) were not TOLD ot ASKED before it was decided!!

 

If you care to read the press etc etc you'd see why a lot of PEOPLE are not too impressed about losing their old logo!

 

And, if like you say 'It it's such a stupid issue' then WHY DID THE COUNCIL HOLD AN EXTRAORDINARY MEETING FOR THREE BLUMMIN HOURS ABOUT IT !!!!

 

Are you a Lib Dem by any chance :roll:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Gary:

Our politicians should be ashamed of themselves - I wonder how much this meeting cost the council tax payer?

In fact I will ask the question.

Ah but to minimise costs, Madam Mayor did say that there would be no refreshments after the meeting.

 

Pity really, I was feeling a bit peckish, and normally somebody takes pity on me and asks me to join them in the eating area. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interestingly, as I recall, this Mayoral year started controversially and seems to have ended the same way, all to do with constitutional matters. Things might get even worse for her on Thursday as well. Maybe a year for her to forget, although in fairness I'm sure the Mayor and her Consort have had some good times as well.

 

Alderman Ivy Edwards has got some spirit, if she was thirty years younger........well who knows what she might have done, might have made Heseltine's mace swinging incident some years ago look quite timid. :wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Interestingly, as I recall, this Mayoral year started controversially and seems to have ended the same way, all to do with constitutional matters. Things might get even worse for her on Thursday as well. Maybe a year for her to forget, although in fairness I'm sure the Mayor and her Consort have had some good times as well.

 

Alderman Ivy Edwards has got some spirit, if she was thirty years younger........well who knows what she might have done, might have made Heseltine's mace swinging incident some years ago look quite timid. :wink:

She's alright is Ivy. :wink:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by observer:

Think you may find Dismayed; that the WBC constitution allows for a number of Councillors to call for an Extraordinary Meeting; and that the meeting will in fact have been called by the very people who finished up walking out of it! :P

The EGM was called by the Mayor, albeit she is a Labour Councillor....at the moment, she did not of course walkout, and given her position, rightly, abstained from voting in the circumstances.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the Front Page:

 

?We want to portray this council as forward looking, ambitious and businesslike with the needs of the citizens being the driving force of everything we do.

 

I love those words. :D

Rather contradictory though.

Surely a council is judged by results, NOT papering over the cracks.

And IF the needs of the citizens is the driving force, when do they have any input?(not had a lot re. the new logo).

 

:roll:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's rather inconsiderate of the Council, in deciding on such a critical matter as a logo; that they didn't send someone round to see you Peter?! :D Given this storm in a tea cup, boils down to "procedural" incompetance; some serious questions in relation to the advice being given (or witheld) by Legal Officers at the Council, need to be asked? :roll:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by observer:

Think you may find Dismayed; that the WBC constitution allows for a number of Councillors to call for an Extraordinary Meeting; and that the meeting will in fact have been called by the very people who finished up walking out of it! :P

Thank you observer.... but in my opinion it's unimportant 'who' called for the meeting. Just a pity the LOT of them couldnt discuss such a simple thing in a civilised and proactive manner !

 

So round and round in circles they will all go, with one lot blaming the other lot and vice versa.....and getting no-where!

 

At least Labour will now know how it feel to battle against the 'council' legally over an issue (if indeed they decide to take it that far.) :roll:

 

But they will soon realise that the 'alliance' in charge will just IGNORE them and their complaints ....and carry on regardless !! :x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...