Jump to content

Your Councillors.


Peter T
 Share

Recommended Posts

Many residents do not realise that Borough Councillors are paid, in addition to which some get onto the likes of the Police Authority where they can pick up another ?10,000 or so. If my calculations are right, I note one Executive Member might well drawing over ?25,000. :D

 

PAY....in PDF

 

Even more PAY....in PDF

 

 

Makes you want to get elected.....or retain your seat. :D

 

[ 23.11.2007, 07:53: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We do need to be able to measure these things, and what better way than by public perception?

 

I suspect that it is a divided camp. Those that do it for the money and expenses and those who do it to improve the Community.

My own perception being that the Local Community Forum and Residents Association are more proactive than the politicians in pursuing matters.

Whether that has something to do with ownership and living in the area or not, I don't know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Peter:

My own perception being that the Local Community Forum and Residents Association are more proactive than the politicians in pursuing matters.

That is a rather interesting point Peter. With regards to the "travellers" encampment at Grappenhall, fair play to the local Councillor he is trying to do his best, but he almost seems constrained by office having to be measured in his comments and actions...... and very much to his frustration I think, wereas the residents have no such constraints and are wading in.

 

If and when I ever get elected, I would really want to have a vibrant residents association/forum to work with. I would regard their input etc as a big plus not a minus. We might not always a agree on things but at least there would be an excellent dialogue.

 

[ 23.11.2007, 09:00: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

.

 

If and when I ever get elected, I would really want to have a vibrant residents association/forum to work with. I would regard their input etc as a big plus not a minus. We might not always a agree on things but at least there would be an excellent dialogue. [/QB]

and then you will have to tow the party line and ignore all of the residents
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paul,

 

I'd go for being an MEP.

 

Loads of dash

 

Loads of perks

 

Loads of stuff to meddle with

 

Not much work to do so loads of partying....

 

and because Brown and Labour are slowly signing everything over to brussels anyway it would surely be better to do the law making than just endorsing what Brussels has already decided for us!!

 

MP's might well become surplus to requirements

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by BazJ:

Paul,

 

I'd go for being an MEP.

 

Loads of dash

 

Loads of perks

 

Loads of stuff to meddle with

 

Not much work to do so loads of partying....

 

and because Brown and Labour are slowly signing everything over to brussels anyway it would surely be better to do the law making than just endorsing what Brussels has already decided for us!!

 

MP's might well become surplus to requirements

You might well be right Baz. But it's not my scene...I like to offer value for money. Actually I understand it is difficult to get onto the MEP approved list....even more difficult to be high on the list. It is a list system rather than voting for a particular person, so the more votes for example the Conservatives get, the more people from their list will become MEPs. Given that one of the three Conservative NW MEPs ( currently all men) is standing down in 2009, I understand the replacement will be from an all women shortlist, although the defection of a current L/D NW MEP to the Conservatives earlier this week might muddy the waters.

 

On this basis probably best that I remain an Election Agent, publisher of local Conservative newspapers and would be local Councillor etc....always open to the offer of a Peerage though....I'd look good in ermine up the ladders cleaning my guttering and trotting around Morrisons doing the shopping....man of the people or should that be Lord of the people...or even Lording over the people :D

:D:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quite amazing.

I started this topic to find out what voters thought about their councillors and whether they delivered.

 

Contrary to all the comments about how bad WBC and its cllrs were, that have been posted over the years, it would appear that everyone must be happy and also think that the cllrs are doing a good job even when it comes to traffic and apartments. :confused:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...