Cop for that!

The request was made by an ex inspector Obs.... not the force or the government.

Daft thing to ask someone who has just been pensioned off, but you never know, god knows they get enough pension to justify it

The request was made by an ex inspector Obs.... not the force or the government.

Daft thing to ask someone who has just been pensioned off, but you never know, god knows they get enough pension to justify it

Fully deserved when you have to put in 11% of total earnings. :roll:

Fully deserved when you have to put in 11% of total earnings. :roll:

considering those retiring now could have joined at 18 and retired at 48, even 11% of earnings is a nice little number when they can look forward to a potential 40 years in retirement!.

Forty years retirement eh - you've got to put up with me for another 15 then.

Like most things we pontificte on, nothing is black and white. Not really the fault of the force in question that they have to lose officers. All that experience going to waste - I've often thought I'd like to be a 'special' and help out - I can say that now I'm well into my dotage.

Happy days

you see you are taking the typical lefty attitude.... the coppers they are "retiring" now have done 30 years... they would have retired anyway; just like they did for the last umpteen years of Bliar and Broons disaterous reign.... they do 30 years and retire. Bugger all to do with CUTS gentlemen

and Wolfie, the minimum age may be 55 now, but that is only for the ones joining now, not the ones that will retire for the next 20 years at 48...again nothing to do with the CUTS

You can't on one hand say officers must work more than 30 years but at the same time FORCIBLY RETIRE officers after 30 years against their will :?:?

I'm not, I do say coppers should work more than 30 years because as Obs says; all that experience is lost.

However, cops have retired after doing 30 years as the norm for decades. Just because they are retiring coppers off after 30 years this year isn't because of the cuts it is because after 30 years they get no additional pension benefits by staying any longer.... in fact, from what my neighbour tells me; it is a disadvantage to work longer

plus I don't think you have to force someone to retire Wolfie; especially a copper on full pension..... my neighbour can't wait and he has a few years left to do yet!

Do they get a pension related to their present salary? Isn't this practice about to be stopped? Perhaps the reason they are not opposing retirement is that they will get more under the present scheme and less under the proposed?

Do they get a pension related to their present salary? Isn't this practice about to be stopped? Perhaps the reason they are not opposing retirement is that they will get more under the present scheme and less under the proposed?

Probably, the Pension liabilities take the debt to 4 trillion according to the tax payers alliance. changing the pensions to be inline with private sector pensions, while keeping the old system for existing employees is the best way to go IMO.