Election coverage

Gary

Why does it matter so much to get them as they come in anyway?

do you really think that at 04:15 in the morning, the majority of the voters will be awake to give a toss?

Go home Gary, have a beer, get up at 5am in the morning (before most of us get up) get the warrington results off the BBC website, stick them on the news page and go back to bed....... you know it makes sense! :lol:

Why does it matter so much to get them as they come in anyway?

do you really think that at 04:15 in the morning, the majority of the voters will be awake to give a toss?

Go home Gary, have a beer, get up at 5am in the morning (before most of us get up) get the warrington results off the BBC website, stick them on the news page and go back to bed....... you know it makes sense! :lol:

I am also covering it for the Press Association who provide the results for everyone else - so without me no one would know! :wink:

1.40pm and still counting!

Early exit polls suggest Labour will be back in control when you all wake up!

Had one of those guys that hang around trying to find out who you voted for come up to me yesterday as I left the polling station.

"Can I ask who you voted for" said he, pen poised over his clipboard.

"Certainly" was my reply as I stopped next to him. Several seconds later of total silence between us and he then asks " well who did you vote for" my reply "one of the candidates" and with that I walked away trying not to laugh.

I must say that the last time I was asked that question I just said yes and walked away but I was feeling chatty yesterday. :twisted:

I think it's a pity that so many people obviously voted in reaction against the national government. In our ward, the local man who has worked tirelessly has been ousted by someone who I've never seen and has published false information about what happens in the ward. It is the local issues that should matter in local elections and some people are going to be sorely disappointed that things don't improve, because they won't!!

Alas SL, that's always been the case. Few vote for the person, as few know him/her. The LibDems have learned that "doing the right thing in the national interest" isn't a vote winner - you can give sweets to the kids, but trying to take them back is suicidal. :wink:

I think it's a pity that so many people obviously voted in reaction against the national government.

But have they really SL ? Surely more conservatives would have also been ousted locally and nationally if that was the case as lets not forget the Cons are in main charge up above :?

A couple of long standing LD's round here seem to have managed to somehow cling on by the skin of their teeth (not naming the two I would have really liked to have seen go though of course :lol:) but in reality though I'd say it's pretty clear that both locally and nationally people are sick of the Lib Dims .... end of.

All eyes and ears will be now certainly on the elected Labour bods though and the ones in Warrington certainly have a tough ride ahead of them being given a second chance.

So are they up for the challenge with the Libs, Cons and more importantly the locals watching their every move and will they deliver their promises.. they better bloody had eh or they will be slated from all corners :wink:

As of course will the remaining elected libs and cons if they start to play silly buggers just for the sake of it towards the newly elected 'old' leadership too no doubt.

Time for them to all work together as a team for the good of Warrington... yes I can dream :lol:

Well I'm sure that high on Liebours list would be to get their people back into the high paid executives jobs...... then to sort out parking and expenses and then food allowances and then what wine to have at official functions......... :lol: