Where is the worst Pavement?

I've been trying to get pavements repaired or resurfaced but I have usually been told by Highways Engineers that they are not bad enough, they are fine :? I'm even trying to get one re-instated that has disappeared under the edge of a farmers field on a very busy country lane - might need Indies help on that one - maybe it could feature in his next video.

Just where are the bad pavements in Warrington i.e. that ones that are bad enough and are being repaired or resurfaced?

Nominations please......

I will keep my eyes open on this one as I cannot remember when I last saw any pavements being repaired.

Actually I can just about remember that they tarmacced the pavements in our street,it sticks in my mind as was completed two days before Cable and Wireless came along and dug them up again to lay the cables for the new (then) cable system for tv and phone.

so if you can remember when that was you will know when I last saw a pavement repaired.

Makes you wonder though just how bad they have to be before they are repaired. Maybe it goes on the number of personal injury claims received per footpath. Could this be a way of getting them done. Get all the local residents to submit claims :shock::lol:

The bunch of amateurs that resurfaced the pavements in Bewsey a few years ago came along with a bucket of wet tar and then threw some stones at it; which quickley rubbed off and left bare tar patches everywhere!

I'd nominate the footpath round the edge of Davies Way car park in Lymm - leading from the Library towards the village centre.

It has a dip towards the middle of it's length and it's been built with a grass bank sloping down to it on one side, but also has a high curb installed on the other side. EVERY time it rains the whole path disappears underwater!

Since the other side of the high curb runs straight down into the canal, how difficult would it have been to incorporate drain-away channels into the curb at the lowest point to allow the water out????

Its now a bad pavement outside of Central Train Station, because of the work being done, its narrow and it slopes downwards towards the road, twice I have nearly turned my ankle over there, suppose we are just going to have to put up with it for the moment though, see if it improves when they take away the scaffolding that is there

Can't say I've ever really noticed a very bad pavement anywhere but will keep an eye out now :lol:

Most round here are very patchy and untidy looking where various works have been carried out over the years and some are a bit sloped and sunken in places but nothing that causes a problem to walk on.

Whilst it might not be the worst, can I suggest Geoff that your close is bad, and has been since murphy's mob wrecked the estate sinking cable stuff. Mrs Reader has to walk on the road past your place

I hadn't thought of that pavement as being bad, it's as smooth as a babies bum :wink: if you compare it against others in the area.

The path through Enfield Park that I learnt yesterday used to be called Hall Lane because it lead to Enfield Hall is bad. It has on my last count 170 patches and it's only about 400 meters in length. When I used to walk it after my knee operation I felt every bump or dip :x

The pavements on the estate that some people call the 'Atomic Estate' are much worse yet WBC keep saying that they are ok when we report them! :evil: Still if you persevere??.

Can you upload a photo of what you recon constitutes being a bad pavement Geoff ? Maybe the likes of me just classes them as being ok compared with the condition of the roads :wink:

Oooh by the way many of the road markings on the side roads round here were re-done last week... so either they have some money or have found a lot of white paint 8)

Geoff I don't remember asking you about your hotel :? unless of course you replied to me as you were the one who got our white lines repainted :lol:

Sorry Dizzy I was reply to BazJ to say how I kept in touch when out of Town he wrote:

Geoff.... so can you explain how you could be representing your constiuents whilst you were swanning off for weekends away?

Utterly disgraceful behaviour!!

:wink::wink::wink: