Garnett's Tower

skittles

Hi Dizzyhope you've caught up with your sleep - some people say that Joni Mitchel had something to do with the Tower being saved for the moment at least.

http://www.wordmagazine.co.uk/content/joni-mitchell-saves-northern-towns-historic-water-tower :lol: :lol:

But either way here is a link to her playing Bige Yellow Taxi for Joni fans like me. :rolleyes:

Nice one Geoff and I think Warrington may have a new 'anthem' if it isn't careful :wink::D

Cracking song and one that I've not heard in years and you've just had me singing my head off to that :oops::lol: (sons not too impressed so I found some other versions.. should be singing too soon if I wack the volume up)

'Jon# and he counterpart really might have started somrthing there and I can just imagine the crowds gathering on the Town Hall lawns armed with guitars and all singing in unison in the future. :wink: I cant play it by the way so can anyone sing. :lol:

Not probably your taste but there have been quite a few cover versions too in all sorts of sytles.

Amy Grant

sarah mclachlan and others (MY favourite)

Like it or not this tower defines our skyline as much as any other object. I think it is great if it can be saved, restored and incorporated into a worthwhile and pleasing development which enhances the town centre. To crush it for hardcore to build a car park is a disgrace.

5150667172_4712bf7232_z.jpg

It could be used to incarcerate anyone who threatens our heritage!

TO THE TOWER! :lol::lol::lol:

That iron body frame that was in the museum could come in handy too! Judge Jeffries' type of justice resurrected! might make a good tourist attraction! A quid a go to wind the rack! What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Like it or not this tower defines our skyline as much as any other object. I think it is great if it can be saved, restored and incorporated into a worthwhile and pleasing development which enhances the town centre. To crush it for hardcore to build a car park is a disgrace.

5150667172_4712bf7232_z.jpg

Nice one PJ I might use it for a study next term in art - two tone blue Gouache springs to mind at the moment with a hint of Christmas. B) or I might be eating porridge if certainly people in this Town have their way. :|