CRB Disclosure

Malik

Hi all,

My name is Malik and i have joined today.

On joining your site i had to electronically sign a declaration that i am 13 yrs or older.

If that is the case it must mean that children can join.

Do the moderators have to have a check on them as they may be dealing with children or vunerable people?

If not do you think they should?

Only wondering as it coincides with my studies

Hi Malick and welcome to the forum

The registration screen will probably be the default terms and conditions that come as standard with a ready made forum package rather than something specifically decided on by the owners. Although there's nothing to stop children coming onto the forum they tend not to and why should they if it's mainly a load of old fogies like me twittering away. In any case, I'd be more concerned about the mental state of any child that spent time here rather than on something like Face book or Thomas the Tank Engine.

As for the moderators having to be vetted to CRB standards, well that's just not needed is it. The moderators have no direct contact with the children who aren't here anyway and only exist to ensure noting unsuitable gets posted. On a local forum like this where it's mainly grown up conversation (mostly) there's very little need for moderation.

Bill :)

.....and I've never really seen what relevence finding out that someone has a previous criminal conviction for an unspecified offence has on determining whether or not they are a potential threat anyway.

care for some sweets Inky..... and would you like to see some puppies!!?? :lol:

Honestly some people :roll:

Here is somebody asking a quite sensible question that deserves a reasonable answer. To be honest it is something that nobody has asked before and I suppose of concern to some given the current climate of suspicion.

However I think bills reply about covered things and hope that Malik continues to post and is not put off by comments and thread high-jacking which tends to be the norm on here.

That said we are a friendly bunch of nutters and can be quite serious if the topic demands it (but not that often). Any and all will happily give advice on everything under the sun and some of it can be very useful and informative (even if it is only to show what a wally they are)

so welcome to the mad house Malik and happy posting to you.

Hi all,

My name is Malik and i have joined today.

On joining your site i had to electronically sign a declaration that i am 13 yrs or older.

If that is the case it must mean that children can join.

Do the moderators have to have a check on them as they may be dealing with children or vunerable people?

If not do you think they should?

Only wondering as it coincides with my studies

Welcome to the forum Malik.

With any online site, whether social or not, the onus should be on parents to make sure their computers are properly covered by security which stops youngsters accessing adult sites and they should always know who their children are talking to online or what they are posting. This may seem intrusive but better safe than sorry! Being a parent comes with significant responsibilities! :)