Party political broadcasts!

robocop

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All we can do is simply apply pressure to the trusts board. The other alternative is if the council picks up the bill for the lost revenue to the trust (i.e litrally pay for all the parking done).

Im inclined to agree with you it is simply "eye candy for the voter", but we wont promise this, and once elected, simply go against it, all we can do is mither the board until it does become free.

thats one of the local policys from UKIP, lib/lab/con might want to keep the charges inplace, who knows, but they aint going to put it in their leaflet if they do :wink:

All we can do is simply apply pressure to the trusts board. The other alternative is if the council picks up the bill for the lost revenue to the trust (i.e litrally pay for all the parking done).

Im inclined to agree with you it is simply "eye candy for the voter", but we wont promise this, and once elected, simply go against it, all we can do is mither the board until it does become free.

thats one of the local policys from UKIP, lib/lab/con might want to keep the charges inplace, who knows, but they aint going to put it in their leaflet if they do :wink:

So basically your saying you are campaigning using issues which you can have no control over???? You can simply ask the hospital trust not to charge people to park and then be ignored/laughed at. Well I can do that myself and save the town your prospective cost as a Councillor Ricky.

Ricky, just had your Partys bumf through my door. In it UKIP claim they will be able to "save millions of pounds each year" in Warrington by cutting the amount of Councillors. That's a minimum of ?2,000,000 per annum savings on Councillors allowances and expenses (as the word "millions" is plural). Care to explain how you will achieve this?

Not too quick with answers, shame on you UKIP, you haven't even answered my email either. Not surprising really from a shower who claim to be able to save millions of pounds a year by reducing something which costs ?700,000 total.

First off the EFD grouping is simply there because MEP's in a grouping are able to have more resources, and more "speaking time" than an MEP as a "non attached MEP". While i have not met one single UKIP member that agrees with Liga Nords policies for example, unfortunatley the rest of the groups (such as S+D, EPP, etc) are very committed to "the project", and as such are very highly incompatable with UKIP's aims. A very small minority of MEP's are even close to Eurosceptic, so it simply a case of beggars cant be choosers with the EFD grouping.

The hospital parking charges is slighty more difficult to combat. as I said previously all we can do is pressurise them, or pick up the bill (which can be easily paid for once the European Communities act of 1972 is repelled, saving ?17.2 billion/yr gross (ONS figures), and the climate change act 2008 is repelled, saving a similar ammount (figure from the Department for no energy and climate change))

I even questioned to myself the savings claimed by cutting the ammount of councillors, by cutting the councillors by 2/3rds will certainly not run into the millions (my opinion) but if thats the opinion of my collegues, then by all means question them. We all tend to do our own thing, no party whips and coordination as such.

Which brings me neatley onto the e-mail compaint. Which email did you send it to? Did you send it to Derek Clark (westbrook), Which i guess is more likely or James Ashington (Lymm)?

I'm not too quick with answers myself as I dont get copious ammounts of spare time to go onto this forum, and im generally slow myself :wink::P

Getting us out of the EU, getting a grip of immigration are laudable UKIP aims, but I can't see there relevence to local politics?

National Issues very much effect the local scene. They cut central funding, while increase money to the EU is a prime example. Post office's closing as a direct effect of 97/67/EC is another example. Plus you have the advantage if UKIP councillors not having a "team leader" telling them how to vote. Like I said above I personally disagree with my collegues claims they millions can be saved by cutting councillors. If I was lib/lab/con disagreeing with my collegues on a public forum I would be kicked out! :lol::lol:

If I was lib/lab/con disagreeing with my collegues on a public forum I would be kicked out! :lol::lol:

Paul Kennedy did it now and then and he's still a Tory.

To be honest Ricky you sound like a right bunch of chancers and I wouldn't trust you enough to make you 6th choice in an AV election. There are 3 of you and you don't communicate well enough to discuss outragously exaggerated and dishonest election material yet you want people to allow you to represent many thousands of them at council. I would be surprised if your not reported to the Returning Officer or the Electoral Commission or whatever .

Seems you do communicate with each other Ricky, Derek has just emailed to say that the claims in his leaflet regarding savings on Councillors allowances and expenses are indeed incorrect and millions a year cannot be saved. He says that the savings would have to acrue over many years to reach the claimed amounts.

Not quite the same impact though when you are forced to be honest.

Give the man his due, he was polite and even asked me to vote for him. I'm afraid I wasn't quite as polite with my response.

You wont believe me but I dont even know Dereks contact details :oops: I only met the guy once at the candidates meeting a couple of months ago. Its pure coincidence :wink:

Personally any figures I would quote from material from myself would make it clear where the figures come from. I would quote the annual saving, my collegues obviously quotes the accumilated savings over many years. Wheather thats right or wrong is ofcourse your opinion :wink:

Ricky, do you ignore everything you don't like, Its not opinion its fact so don't come that one. He didn't quote accumulative figures he totally misrepresented any savings possible . Heres a copy of the lies for you as you seem incapable of speaking to one of your 2 colleagues about it.

UKIPbilge.jpg

What is your opinion now Ricky?

Yes Rick, exactly my point: national policies do affect the local scene; but they are controlled nationally NOT locally. Landfill tax - imposed by Brussels decree on local authorities (rate payers); grants and statutory duties - all handed down by Westminister. Local "decision making" amounts to around 15% of total budget, and with the Gov cuts, that leeway has reduced even further. Still you could have an answer to dog poop on trees?! :wink:

Yes Rick, exactly my point: national policies do affect the local scene; but they are controlled nationally NOT locally. Landfill tax - imposed by Brussels decree on local authorities (rate payers); grants and statutory duties - all handed down by Westminister. Local "decision making" amounts to around 15% of total budget, and with the Gov cuts, that leeway has reduced even further. Still you could have an answer to dog poop on trees?! :wink:

In my opinion even national government is no longer revelant, as majority control has indeed been given to brussels. The only way to repeal the european communities act 1972 is to start at grassroot level, and go up. :)

Right, I spoke to James on count night, Stated the concern of the leaflet, and more or less said it was an error of judgement.

I 100% agree with yourself PJ, the claims was false, and you were very correct in raising the issue with myself and Derek.

If wild claims are distributed next election, then I will certainly argue the toss with my collegues. Honisty is most certainly the best policy in my books, and I would hate to see UKIP decend into regularly distributing lies and spin.

Cheers.

Honisty is most certainly the best policy in my books, and I would hate to see UKIP decend into regularly distributing lies and spin.

quite right too Ricky..... we wouldn't want to confuse you with Liebour would we?? :lol: