I've got shingles!

algy

Bazza had shingles..

Those of us who spend much time in a doctor's office should appreciate this! Doesn't it seem more and more that doctors are running their practices like an assembly line?

Here's what happened to Bazza:

Bazza walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked him what he had. Bazza said: 'Shingles.' So she wrote down his name, address, medical number and told him to have a seat.

Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out and asked Bazza what he had.

Bazza said, 'Shingles' So she wrote down his height, weight, and noted his medical history then told Bazza to wait in the examining room..

A half hour later a nurse came in and asked Bazza what he had. Bazza said, 'Shingles..' So the nurse gave Bazza a blood test, a blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, and told Bazza to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor.

An hour later the doctor came in and found Bazza sitting patiently in the nude and asked Bazza what he had.

Bazza said, 'Shingles.' The doctor asked, 'Where?'

Bazza said, 'Outside on the truck. Where do you want me to unload 'em??'

Algy,

Please don't think I'm trying to steal your thunder. I heard it on Workers Playtime a terrible long time ago. What I mean is that it was apt then as it is now.

Doctors and their staff didn't pay you much attention in the old days , as it is now.

Lovely to be reminded of the tale.

Happy days