Young@Heart - Senior Citizen Chorus in Concert

Jerry

The Ovation Channel presented a 2008 British documentary:

(Wikipedia) Young@Heart, a chorus of twenty-two senior citizens with an average age of eighty, is directed by a frequently demanding Bob Cilman. In preparation for a concert in their hometown of Northampton, Massachusetts, they spend two months learning new material ranging from James Brown to the Pointer Sisters to The Clash and Sonic Youth, a task that's daunting for them and frequently frustrating for Cilman. At one point they take a break to visit a nearby low-security prison and entertain the inmates, who literally and figuratively embrace them after they perform. The group's determination to succeed increases with the passing of two of their members in rapid succession, and the concert proves to be a major success with the community.

I'm easy for choral music -- children, Soviet Army, Vienna Boys, Beethoven's Ninth -- wherever -- and I was bowled over by this group performing at a prison and in concert halls. Wikipedia has some clips from You Tube that might speak more than I can describe. I especially marveled at their Spingsteen: You can't start a fire

You can't start a fire without a spark

This gun's for hire

even if we're just dancing in the dark

at the prison. Other venues: James Brown's "I Feel Good", the Bee Gees "Stayin' Alive", Dylan's "Forever Young".

Beauty !!!