Does our Home Stand Deserve a name?

WireWarrior97

Does our Home Stand deserve a name?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Does our Home Stand deserve a name?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our friend Ivan Thomasson, who loved our club and sadly passed away just over a year ago from cancer at the age of 46

I sadly admit to knowing nothing about the club; but is Ivan the same Ivan whose dad was a teacher at Boteler Grammar?

Yes he was Dizzy, why?

Gosh small world again. My lovely 'Uncle Jim' and 'Aunty Amy' :D

Amy (maiden name 'Wells'... and ironic that she married a 'Drinkwater' :lol: ) was my mums cousin but we called them Aunty and Uncle and we remember him been really into footy but never knew he was the founder of your footy club...... Cool :D

Anyway.. sorry as you didn't really need to know all that so back to your topic :oops:

How do you choose one above another?

Like I said, we have 3 Stands.

So there are only three deserving people in the history of the club?

No, I never meant it to sound like that, sorry. :oops:

I said we have 3 stands and a snack bar, which means we don't have to single it down to one player/manager/etc. There are still many others who deserve a mention.

So only 11 people say YES and only 4 people say NO :?

Surely that's not the number of supporters you have who really care what goes on or are they too scared to register on here and vote :lol::wink:

15 votes cast is a lot by usual poll standards! I think people are worried we know who votes for what - but we don't! :roll:

A starting point would certainly be to have the 'Eric Shaw Stand' it might not get the interest if we used 'Roger Hunt' but everyone connected with Warrington Town FC knows Eric and it would be a great return for all his hard work over the years.

As the club has ambitions to go up the divisions then exploiting the sponsorship side will become more important so having a stand or two named after some important people before this comes in would be ideal

So only 11 people say YES and only 4 people say NO :?

Surely that's not the number of supporters you have who really care what goes on or are they too scared to register on here and vote :lol::wink:

15 votes cast is a lot by usual poll standards! I think people are worried we know who votes for what - but we don't! :roll:

I would imagine that the NO votes are non supporters. :roll:

thats a stand what is sponsored by a company not just a name

we could do that and get money of the sponsor or even just gear if it is a building sponsor

it would be good to get the main seated stand sponsored becaue more people see that going over cantaliver etc etc

I just meant the big blue sign at the top of the stand (The bit that says Twigg Stand)