Coming soon?

Peter T

Didn't know whether to do this local or general.

In Somerset, take your refuse to the tip and you get charged before you can enter.

?2 per visit. but hang on, if you want to get rid of say a gas cylinder, it costs ?12. Other things like bags of rubble cost extra.

The reason being, that if they didn't charge you for "recycling" people would be made redundant or the tip would close.

A tad confused as I thought we were being encouraged to recycle.

Fly-tipping here we come??? Or a lot of stuff will be getting burnt. :shock:

Shouldn't this be under the joke section Peter ?

I certainly wouldn't recommend trying to burn a gas cylinder though..... apart from which 'people' will always take those off your hands :wink:

Sounds madness to me so I will have to google now just to see if you have been dreaming :P

.........but so would shutting the facilities completely. So there in lies the problem; there is no money to fund the centres unless they charge to use it. Shut the centre and people will fly tip; charge to use the centres and people will fly tip!

There?s usually income in it till everyone starts getting in on the act. Then the law of supply and demand kicks in and you end up having to pay to have the stuff removed. That was certainly the case with paper and cardboard.

Bill :)

It can't be confirmed until Dizzy has confirmed that Peter isn't telling porkies.

No porkie telling and Peter did post a link earlier in the topic :wink:

Here's another one saying the same :?

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/whereyoulive/crewkerne/Fees-recycling-sites-spark-outcry/article-3389881-detail/article.html

Rather costly eh :shock:

............... The reason being, that if they didn't charge you for "recycling" people would be made redundant or the tip would close.

.......... If there is a cost to do it, get the benefit claimants doing it in return for their money. More useful than filling in a form saying "Actively seeking work".

If you're suggesting that the workers should lose their jobs and then be made to come back and do it for free, perhaps you could set an example for the 'Big Society' and give up your job and be the first tip worker volunteer?

More useful than writing "drivel".

It was Peter's second post which prompted the harsh reply Dizzy and if you look again at my post you will see I have already used the smiley expressions :wink::shock: which by doing so it appears (from Peter's post) one can make offensive comments quite freely.

:lol::P But maybe he does have a point with his second comment Sha .... not that I mean the current workers should be made redundant and be replaced by benefit claimants and I don't think he meant that either :shock:

... but then again he might have done :lol::lol::lol:

Did I put enough smilies 8)

Sha, et al.

I was suggesting that, if the service was to carry on, that people doing nothing for their benefits could be used to do some work to earn their benefit.

I never mentioned that those losing their jobs should be the ones to do it.

Normally in these circumstances alternate work is found or VR offered.

Might one assume from your comment, that you approve of people receiving benefit and do nothing in return?

The whole point of me raising the topic, was that it could happen in Warrington.

I think it stinks, because on the one hand, we are being beaten about the head to recycle, and now some turnip heads want us to pay for doing their job for them.

You might approve, but I don't.