Huddersfield Away

CP

If Huddersfield are on form on Friday I can see another defeat coming the Wolves way.

I have a feeling the catalan game may be a watershed moment in our season so far. We will lose momentum and confidence after this defeat and I can see us losing once or twice in the coming weeks.

Im dreading Friday nights game to be honest.

Never thought that after the mountainous efforts for the last two games they might be a tad knackered? Oh you fickle fans who think that the human body should give 200% EVERY game!!!! :roll:

Young men at the peak of their powers who train almost everyday to maintain a professional level of fitness aren't capable of playing 80 minutes of rugby league a week ? Perhaps excuses could be made in the old days of having to earn a living as well as playing the sport they love but not now when players are dedicated full time to the sport. I don't see any of the other clubs complaining about being knackered.

Disagree Safeway, but what do I know? The battering that they got at Wigan alone would take some time to recover from. You might think/wish that they were supermen, but it just doesn't work like that.

And do you seriously believe that any coach is going to admit to their team being human???? :roll:

After seeing the Huddersfield squad for Friday I have definitely changed my mind about the result.

Huddersfield look extremely light in the pack and I would expect our forwards to dominate and provide a perfect platform for our backs to score a plenty.

If we dont win I will be disappointed.

I tend to agree Gary.

We have now lost 2 winnable games all thanks to Tony Smiths poor decisions.

We should have at least won 1 of the last two games.

What benefit did we get from resting Westwood last week?

Huddersfield did play well last night and dominated us for the majority of the game however our kicking game was none existent, for the second week running we couldn't manage to complete a set of six due to poor handling, no leadership on the field, the coach's poor decisions yet again (playing Clarke), defence was like wet toilet paper and finally Silverwood was shocking but that's the least of our worries.

Major improvement needed as a defeat to Celtic on Friday and we could be in a mini crisis.

Weekend away so only able to watch the tape yesterday. What a thoroughly abject performance that was reminiscent of the dark days under the previous coach. It just shows how much Lee Briers means to this team.Without him we haven't a single playmaker in either the forwards or the backs. Only the wings and fullback in the backs seem to be aware of what their roles were. All the others playing inside seemed to take it in turns to make as many mistakes as possible none of them certain about which positions they were supposed to be playing in, we even had Westwood making attempts at tactical kicking ! The perceived wisdom rearding the fowards is to have a blend of runners, tacklers and grafters complemented with a BALL PLAYING loose forward. Anybody who judges Ben Harrison to be a loose forward plainly doesn't know what they are talking about. He's a hard working prop forward and won't make a loose forward if he plays another twenty years. We badly need a Sinfield or an O'Loughlin. It wasn't so long ago Wire were battering Huddersfield at both The Galpharm and also at Wembley but they have greatly improved from the days of 2 dummy runners and that was it. Now they have Robinson at acting half back, one or two dummy runners with Robinson looping around the back of them creating confusion to defenders and an instant overlap which is difficult to defend against. This attacking skill added to the cheating / gamesmanship when defending makes them hard to beat. In comparison Wire were clueless...no moves...no skill...no guile. Hopeless.

On another forum much of the blame is being placed at the door of Richie Myler with which I strongly disagree. He's a support player and finisher to potential breakmakers at which he's probably the best in the game. Leave the lad alone.