Eastmond Suspended

Wirewire

St Helens have suspended Eastmond!

A statement said: "St Helens RFC have announced that Kyle Eastmond has been suspended pending an investigation into serious misconduct.

"No further comment will be made until completion of the investigation."

That'll probably be the end of his Saints playing days and I suspect he'll move across to Bath sooner rather than later, leaving a big gap in Saints budget that they'll no doubt look to fill.

Their season just keeps getting better and better :D:):D

Surely Skints aren't finding a way to get shut on the cheap ? Sack him for next to no reason and refuse to pay him up as per his contract ? I got it from my usual source weeks ago that he is hugely unpopular with most of the playing staff at Skints. James(cry baby) Graham will be the next on his way out. Saints have refused to fund any more spitting out dummies.

Or maybe even the Wire :wink:

I believe the allegations are that he gave the saints supporters the 'bird' during the game against the quinns last weekend.

If this is so, it appears Saints are going to use is it as an excuse the get rid now in order to get a replacement in.

Our very own Matt King did the same thing a few years back, all he got was a slapped wrist and an order to make a public apology. It seems Saints are going OTT to suit their own needs.

Michael Dobson anyone?

I think Saints are simply trying to force Eastmond out and to be honest I don't blame them, his heart's no longer at saints, he's probably annoyed a few players and staff and that always seems to cause major unrest within a team.

Bath wont buy him out of his contract and Saints don't want to lose money on him so the only other thing to do is make he resign or find a way of sacking him.

This could be the thin end of a big wedge. Eastmond seems to have had his head turned by an agent who's promised him oodles of cash less his 15% commision of course. We've seen the way football has gone with the pervasive effects that agents are having on that sport when the situation has become that it isn't clubs who decide on their playing staff, it's agents. Of course this suits football club managers who benefit from bungs and backhanders. There isn't the money in RL that there is in football so the temptation to behave corruptly isn't so great but it could happen on a smaller scale in RL. Clubs should make it clear to players that deals with agents won't be tolerated and that they deal directly with clubs themselves.

I don't think Estmond will be a roaring success in RU. As a halfback he hasn't got the kicking game which RU demands...He's too small for the centres and he'll be a winger at best. I can see him coming back to RL within a couple of years but there's no way I want him at the mighty Wire...He's a disruptive influence who isn't half as good as he thinks he is.

I'd love to see him at the Wire.

All this stuff about his attitude has only come about since his announcement that he will be going to RU next year. If Wire had announced his signing this time last year every wire fan would have been creaming themselves.

IMO it smacks of of people having a go just because he has decided to turn his back on RL. In all honesty there was nothing down for him as soon as he announced his intentions, he has literally become a RL outcast.

Its pretty shameful how everyone has turned on him when just a year ago he was being labelled as the next best thing.

I tend to think that it's pretty shameful that Eastmond has bitten the hand that's fed him rather well over the past few years, especially during several long injury spells during which time Saints have stood by him.

What has annoyed people was his pro-RU interview on Sky Sports News whilst he was still contracted to a Rugby League Club. I don't buy this 'I want to play RU' rubbish. His Agent got him a better contract at Bath and that's all there is to it.

He's now had his ban lifted, although not in the squad for this weekend.

"Following an internal investigation, St Helens RFC have found Kyle Eastmond guilty of serious misconduct.," a club statement read.

"The case centred on rude and offensive gestures to fans at the game against Harlequins on March 11.

"The matter has been dealt with in accordance with the club's internal disciplinary procedures and the player has also been warned about his future conduct.

"As a result, Kyle's suspension from the club is now lifted. St Helens RFC will not be making any further comment on this matter."

The cynical viewpoint is that saints, having not been able to find an adequate replacement and with pryce looking more and more injury prone, have no option but to make do with Eastmond.

If the saints fans continue with their crusade against the lad then saints are in for a very long and difficult season.

If they all pull together then it may be a different story.