Packaging

The best way to dispose of banana peel is to throw it in the garden under your rose bushes.....just a little tip I picked up from Gardener's World, I've been doing it for years now and can verify it works a dream!... due to all the different minerals in the banana I believe.

Back to the thread......excess packaging...something that really irritates me! Perhaps the suppliers should be forced to pay a waste disposal charge?

Packaging like that is often filled with an inert gas - usually carbon dioxide or nitrogen - which prolongs the shelf life of the product and therefore leads to LESS waste overall.

Bagged salads are the same, they'll last for well over a week if left sealed but will have gone off within a couple of days once opened.

Packaging like that is often filled with an inert gas - usually carbon dioxide or nitrogen - which prolongs the shelf life of the product and therefore leads to LESS waste overall.

Bagged salads are the same, they'll last for well over a week if left sealed but will have gone off within a couple of days once opened.

I always wondered why my bagged salad goes off so quickly once opened whereas the other bag bought at the same time is still as fresh looking.

Odd really as if I buy an unbagged iceberg lettuce for example it lasts much longer... I guess it must be much fresher to start of with. :?