Census

asperity

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems there are a lot more than the 3 of you :shock: I thought you were just being daft

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon

In the 2001 census the number of people recording their religion as Jedi or Jedism was 53,000 in New Zealand.... 70,000 in Austrailia...21,000 in Canada and a staggering 390,000 people in UK/Wales :oops::lol:

I suppose as it was classed as religion rather than a job there was not a lot the government could do about it :wink:

There are a lot of people intending to put "smoker" as their religion to send a signal to the government. I would have to say I was a "lapsed smoker".

The official in charge has said they will tolerate "Jedi" being put as a religious belief "this time" - hmm ominous, lets hope they drop the idea of the census after this one :shock::shock::shock: It's bad enough that the government is willing to fine their own citizens ?1000 just because they might want to remain private individuals. Pretty disgusting when you think about it :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Its Jedi Day in 9 days time, altough its not recognised as an official Bank Holiday, (cue Asp),

May the Fourth be with you.

Errrm.... wont it actually be March the Fourth in 9 days time PJ :wink::lol:

oops I forgoit to add the months , ah well I,m sure you guessed what I meant :oops::oops:

I'M NOT A REAL JEDI OK :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else received their spy pack yet? Ours arived today :?

Rather more questions that I expected must admit and some I will actually struggle to fill in. Maybe I just read it all wrong.. :oops:

No mention of Jedi on it though chaps :wink:

Has anyone else received their spy pack yet? Ours arived today :?

Rather more questions that I expected must admit and some I will actually struggle to fill in. Maybe I just read it all wrong.. :oops:

No mention of Jedi on it though chaps :wink:

One arrived here today. Not opened it yet. can I be in two places at once? :shock:

There is a section specificaly for the likes of you Peter :lol::P

Happy reading and I'm still trying to figure out what I am supposed to put under my employment section .... my other half has said his is easy as he's just NOT filling any of it in other than confirming he lives here (which they already know anyway) and he says the rest has got nothing to do with them.

Well he didn't actually say it as politely as that.

I'll say no more for now about what I think about some of the questions about past/current employment, number of cars in the household and access to how many other cars etc etc.....and how they could use the answers given if they wanted to which of course I'm sure they don't :wink:

Yep I have a vivid imagination :lol:

Are you scared of opening it Peter... it's not that bad apart from by law you have to answer it all except the question on religion.

Well he's still refusing and I made it worse last night by saying that it is his responsibility to fill it in for us too as it states that the form should be filled in by the person who owns the house and/or who is responsible (or jointly responsible) for paying the bills.

We both own it but he pays most of the bills (eg elec gas phone) so that means he has to fill it in ... right ?? :lol:

?1000 fine if you refuse to fill it in apparently and he's still sticking to his principles and saying they can 'you know what'.

At that point he was about to rip it up EEK

I shouldn't wind him up really and I feel so sorry for his work collegues today as no doubt he will still be ranting on about travellers, illegal immigrants, infringement of his human rights, this damn country and the 'bloody government'. :shock::lol:

Anyway, that aside.

Why do they need you to fill in the names of any visitors who stay at your home on the night of 27 March ? 1 night ???

What purpose does that serve as they would have a form completed by the person for their own home and the same person would then appear on your too as a visitor.

Maybe we should have a huge party and invite everyone to sleep over.

Wonder if they will check all the answers though and have a mooch about and cross match existing records held. Is anyone brave enough to fill it in with a pack of untruths and see if they get caught out 8)

isn't this census because liebor wanted to be able to raise council taxes from households and this was seen as the way to get all the information they need for their communistic data bases?

It is also data collected through an american company that I do not trust.

I am also worried about access being given to eu robots.

Perhaps I am anticipating BIg Brother or perhaps i no longer believe the civil servants.

?

Dizzy,

the census is a snapshot of the population at a given time..... so if you are staying at your mums house, you would be shown as being resident there. Back in the old days, there used to be people going round knocking on doors and filling in the forms for you (as I guess most couldn't write) and as a consequence there were many people who weren't living or at home when they called.

I have found in a few of the census documents that some of my relatives were miles from home. My grandad was 17 in 1911 and he was living in London while being an apprentice in the 1901 census, two of my relatives had lodgers who also had the same occupation as them....