Day V Lately

asperity

I thought it was rather good.... I particularly liked the black background contrasting with the little white circle at the bottom over the red bar as it buffered. It seemed to last a long time though but again very relaxing to watch

Should I plug my speakers in now :oops::lol:

Well that is five and a bit minutes of my life that I will not get back. :lol:

I did think that the last few seconds or so was a bit of a rip off of the countdown clock though 8)

One advert that did intrigue me was the one "self made" one for Rowse honey. Listened to the music and knew instantly where I had head it before but not quite sure if it is the original or not.

went to the website of Rowse and they had no info on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6l21fylRoY

Guess they are not old enough to have developed a taste for the mad genius of these guys. :lol::lol::lol:

OK, I gave a listen to the Asp url -- and it was a pleasant interlude of music incorporating the sound of coffee percolating IMVHO through the first few minutes.

Oddly there was a tout to a Seattle coffee just to right of the YouTube music -- and I thought perhaps it incorporated this music, but nooooooo - strictly an advert without music.

Then I followed two more urls and Sid's url gave me a piano lesson via the Marx Bors. Chico and Harpo.

What am I doing wrongt?

Nowt there Jerry. What the topic is about is adverts on our TV for yellow pages originally. The first one is about some relatively unknown artist (well I had never heard of him before the ad and am still at a loss as to who he is) looking for a copy of a record he made many years ago.

It is based on an old ad where an elderly gentleman was looking for a book on fly fishing by J R Hartley. In the end he use yellow pages to phone round and eventually finds a copy of the book and gives his name as J R Hartley. Problem solved and a happy ending all because of yellow pages. It led to many people (not in the ad but in "real life" )scouring bookshops looking for the book in question. The book itself never existed nor did J R Hartley until after the advert aired. A book was eventually written under the pseudonym and prompted a follow up a short while later.

It was daft really as the chap who played J R Hartley (Norman Lumsden) became famous overnight and was often asked for his autograph only to get strange looks when he signed his real name and not that of his character.